Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio Transit Sound Card and Speakers  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Tenn Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
M-Audio Transit Sound Card and Speakers
« on: December 13, 2005, 05:21:50 PM »
I'm not sure how the M-Audio Transit works. Do I attach it to my computer via USB and then it becomes my soundcard? Can I then plug computer speakers into the Transit?

Can I also plug in my stereo receiver to the Transit in additon to or instead of the computer speakers so that the audio from the computer is going to my stereo?

What kind of cables are needed for the Transit?

Thanks

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: M-Audio Transit Sound Card and Speakers
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 05:25:51 PM »
I believe the Transit is designed for digi-out only although it has a headphone out i do not believe it is very good. 

Traditional Setup:
Transit > DAC > Amp > Speakers

Some speakers like the Edirol 10D have digital inputs.

If you are looking at taking an analog signal out of you soundcard w/o an outboard DAC(or speakers w/ built-in DAC) I would look into the audiophile series.

MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 09:32:23 AM »
The transit is easily modified to sound much better if you are handy with a soldering iron.  I can post some links if so.
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline MBecker

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 01:09:32 PM »
" believe the Transit is designed for digi-out only although it has a headphone out i do not believe it is very good"

thats incorrect, you can use the line output which sounds pretty good , I'd say very good if you are comparing it to stock sound cards.  I run it line out in my klipsch 2.1 system, it works great. 

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Transit-main.html

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com