Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anybody upgarde to BT 4.4.0 yet?  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Just Taper Mark from NC

• when the bass kicks..all I need is a mic and a stage and mix.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Dodgertown 90090
anybody upgarde to BT 4.4.0 yet?
« on: February 01, 2006, 07:44:36 PM »
okay.I am really addicted to this how d/l thing and have hit a snag and am starting
to get the DT's now :P

so 2 days ago I was finishing up a moe. torrent and when I went to close my BT box
it said a newer version than my 4.2.2 was available so I d/l'd it and did the setup and
my norton antivirus went crazy and when I tried to "okay" the intruder since it was the
new bt program it wouldn't do anything and the windopw kept poping up and wouldn't
go away so I fixed it and moved on but to nothing.

when I click a torrent the window for the folder will pop up but no new folder shows up
on my desktop and then when the bt window opens it's blank and nothing ever happens.
i've taken the new version off,system restore and still nothing. my firewall is off so I know that's
not the problem and according to the cable company I'm not capped and besides it's a new
month ???
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
Re: anybody upgarde to BT 4.4.0 yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:54:29 PM »
okay.I am really addicted to this how d/l thing and have hit a snag and am starting
to get the DT's now :P

so 2 days ago I was finishing up a moe. torrent and when I went to close my BT box
it said a newer version than my 4.2.2 was available so I d/l'd it and did the setup and
my norton antivirus went crazy and when I tried to "okay" the intruder since it was the
new bt program it wouldn't do anything and the windopw kept poping up and wouldn't
go away so I fixed it and moved on but to nothing.

when I click a torrent the window for the folder will pop up but no new folder shows up
on my desktop and then when the bt window opens it's blank and nothing ever happens.
i've taken the new version off,system restore and still nothing. my firewall is off so I know that's
not the problem and according to the cable company I'm not capped and besides it's a new
month ???

i am not able to follow the problem. try installing a different client? like this one:

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

nice frog too.
db

Offline bconnolly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »
People use the vanilla client?  Really?

Get BitComet or uTorrent.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 11:12:27 PM »
Bram Cohen created a great P2P concept but the client for it he created is terrible.  Try utorrent  www.utorrent.com   your life will be much easier.  The difference between BT 4.4.0 and utorrent is like night and day.  utorrent is REAL easy to understand.  Very short learning curve.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 01:19:21 AM »
another vote for utorrent, once you switch you'll wonder why you ever used anything else.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 04:50:43 PM »
Bram Cohen created a great P2P concept but the client for it he created is terrible.  Try utorrent  www.utorrent.com   your life will be much easier.  The difference between BT 4.4.0 and utorrent is like night and day.  utorrent is REAL easy to understand.  Very short learning curve.

Hmm, I actually switched back to the official client on my mac as it's just plain simpler to use and not such a resource hog.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 05:47:58 PM »

Hmm, I actually switched back to the official client on my mac as it's just plain simpler to use and not such a resource hog.

The problem with the official client is first its lack of DHT support which more and more is making a huge difference in connections and speeds.  The other problem or maybe issue is that it is real vanilla like mentioned above and does not allow for you to change options to optimize it for your machine.   

But then again if you're happy with it then that 90% of the battle.   :)

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 05:59:20 PM »

http://transmission.m0k.org/

The nightly builds are nice, but often unstable.  I get much better speeds with Transmission than the official client.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Just Taper Mark from NC

• when the bass kicks..all I need is a mic and a stage and mix.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Dodgertown 90090
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 06:38:30 PM »
well,official client is the simplest in my book and thats what sells me since I'm a simpleton
when it comes to computers :-[  :P I tried utorrent and was like what the hell  ???

bt client now has 4.4.1 and seems to be running just fine on my system so it must
have been something wrong with the update  >:( as far as speeds I was pulling like
291 kb/s and just blazing through torrents which amazed me considering I have the
cheap package through charter,lets see how it goes now  :hmmm:
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com