Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: To patch or not to patch?  (Read 1412 times)

Albix714

• Trade Count: (0)
To patch or not to patch?
« on: February 03, 2006, 07:28:47 PM »
Hi, I have an older aud source with a chunk missing. About a 27 seconcd chunk. This is during some lyrics that make the lost time very obvious. I have CEP and attempted to patch it with another source. The other source is fast or my source is slow, anyway they don't sound very good together. I don't know how to change the pitch. Any tips on that or any things I'm missing?

Thanks for any help. ???

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
Re: To patch or not to patch?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 07:58:52 PM »
First switch your time view to frames instead of CD Time or any other minutes/seconds view.  Now find a dynamic peak like a drum beat or something shortly before where you want to fix, and another one after.  Do this in both your version and the alternate one.  Now calculate the number of samples in each.  One will probably be a fraction of a percent longer or shorter than the other.  In CEP, you can stretch or shrink the source you're going to use as a patch by using (A/B * 100).  CEP and Adobe Audition are a little counterintuitive in that a number greater than 100% is a shrink, and a number between 0 and 100% is a stretch.  At least I think I'm remembering that correctly.  You'll be using a value of like 99.xxx or 100.xxx.  Note that the program only recognizes three significant digits after the decimal and rounds anything else that you enter.

Good luck!

- Jason
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

Albix714

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: To patch or not to patch?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 08:01:57 PM »
Thanks Jason, I'll give it a shot.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com