Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: Short RA XLR>XLR  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
ISO: Short RA XLR>XLR
« on: March 30, 2006, 10:59:07 PM »
Looks like I'm gonna make the jump to a 722 next week, so I'll need a pair of interconnect cables to run Sax>722.

Any resident TS.com cable geniuses willing to help me out?

Thanks in advance...
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

cshepherd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ISO: Short RA XLR>XLR
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 01:21:08 AM »
Hey Nick,
We'll have a shortie xlr demo set of the Atlas Quadstar available in a few weeks.  I don't have an exact price on the shorties yet, but they'll be around $120.  The Quadstar is Atlas' entry-level cable.   It's a flexible 6.0 mm cable that would work well in tight places like a rig bag.  We ordered a set of the Quadstar mic cables because of their mid-level cable, the Navigator All Cu.  I haven't had a chance to use the Quadstars in the field yet, but the positive comments are starting to come in from the people currently using them.  We buy the cable in bulk and terminate it here.

If you can deal with straight-angle xlr connectors, here are a couple of other options...

The Van den Hul shortie xlr's of The Second in our clearance sale are a steal at $130 (50% off).  The conductors are made from Van den Hul's proprietary Linear Structured Carbon.  They've only been used a couple of times.    I'd be happy to send them out for you to demo as well.  The sale is at http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=61184.0.

The Navigator All Cu in a .5m is $600.  The xlr connectors are custom, made with the same OCC copper the conductors are made from.  They'll make you forget all about Neutrik.  Unfortunately, Atlas currently doesn't make All Cu right angle terminations.  We use this cable  with rca terminations in all of our systems.  We have upgrades from the Navigator All Cu, but this is the standard for Eugene Hi-Fi systems.  You can read a review of these cables from 'balou2' at http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=61495.0.  We have a demo set of 1m xlr cables as well.  These cables are factory terminated.

Best of luck in your searches.

Chris

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: ISO: Short RA XLR>XLR
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 02:21:29 AM »
PM sent about my Segue silver-clad cables
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com