Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 4 Track Recording With 2 UA-5's?  (Read 1721 times)

Offline cybermansrev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
4 Track Recording With 2 UA-5's?
« on: May 09, 2006, 12:41:31 PM »
Is this possible?
As I have a laptop and a UA-5 already I was thinking about a way of doing a soundboard and set of mics matrix, whilst I know you can use the 4 inputs on a single UA-5 to do this in real time to 2 track, is it possible to have 2 UA-5's connected to my laptop via USB and record 4 tracks? Or will the laptop/software only recognise one UA-5?
Also is there any way to keep two UA-5 clocks in-synch?
The reason I ask is that I have an opportunity to pick up a second UA-5 at a reasonable price.
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 12:48:14 PM by cybermansrev »

Offline tscales

• Taperssection Regular
    • .:www.timscales.net:.
Re: 4 Track Recording With 2 UA-5's?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 03:13:14 PM »
We're you able to do it?

I suppose you could have each UA-5 goin into two different USB ports, but thats sounds iffy to me.

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

AKG 393s > UA-5 (w-mod +) > D8 / Fujitsu T70G

Live Recordings..  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/tscales

Offline cybermansrev

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 06:57:06 PM »
We're you able to do it?

I suppose you could have each UA-5 goin into two different USB ports, but thats sounds iffy to me.

I reposted this in the pre's, A/D forum where there was some interesting stuff from SparkE who's working on multi tracking with UA-5's (with clock synching) but is using multiple recorders (JB3's).
In the end I didn't pick up another UA-5 to try this as I got the feeling the software wouldn't recognise two UA-5's and even if it did I would still have to get them in sych mannually in post.

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:14:15 PM »
We're you able to do it?

I reposted this in the pre's, A/D forum where there was some interesting stuff from SparkE who's working on multi tracking with UA-5's (with clock synching) but is using multiple recorders (JB3's).
In the end I didn't pick up another UA-5 to try this as I got the feeling the software wouldn't recognise two UA-5's and even if it did I would still have to get them in sych mannually in post.

How can you sync two UA-5's clocks?

:hmmm:
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline cybermansrev

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 02:27:58 PM »

How can you sync two UA-5's clocks?

:hmmm:

I'm not sure it's a done deal yet see http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=64507.0

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.161 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com