Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: n00b question - soundforge? audacity?  (Read 1277 times)

Offline NotSoBlüe

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stop it.
n00b question - soundforge? audacity?
« on: June 07, 2006, 10:33:35 AM »
Please be nice, I'm very new to this! I've just started recording shows on my iRiver and I need a program to help boost the volume on the final recording. I have an older version of Soundforge (not sure which - it's at home, from 2000 or 2001) from back when I was at the Art Institute, but I've never messed with it. I've heard of Audacity... is it easier? I'm not scared of Soundforge, it will just require buying a book and investing some time, so if there's an easier fix then that'd be cool. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jessy
I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. - Mitch Hedberg

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: n00b question - soundforge? audacity?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:50:20 AM »
Either one will work.  I've found Audacity to be fool-proof in it's interface.  It is a bit clumsy and lacks many of the features that makes Soundforge great.  I'd give it a shot, you can do all the basic editing in Audacity no problem.

Good Luck!
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: n00b question - soundforge? audacity?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 07:32:03 PM »
Either will work. Just get familiar with one or the other and use what is more comfortable to you.

FWIW, Samplitude LE is on sale now for 45 bucks...Samplitude is my personal favorite..

there is also www.cuckos.com/reaper

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com