Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: LightScribe burners...  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Tall Adam

• The Artist Formerly Known as GQJSP
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
LightScribe burners...
« on: August 02, 2006, 03:32:32 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with these? How is the quality on the printing? Do the burners have any issues? Are there specific drives anyone would recommend? I'm intersted in them for my office but I don't want to invest in the drive unless the quality on the disc is worth it. Can you only burn clear parts and frosted parts or can you write text in black too?
Thanks!
-Adam

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
Re: LightScribe burners...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 09:59:49 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with these? How is the quality on the printing? Do the burners have any issues? Are there specific drives anyone would recommend? I'm intersted in them for my office but I don't want to invest in the drive unless the quality on the disc is worth it. Can you only burn clear parts and frosted parts or can you write text in black too?
Thanks!
-Adam

I can send you a disc that will show you the quality that they have.  Its actually better than i thought.  however, you can't burn black(but you can do a darker gold...only shades of the gold(think grayscale). Basically it is etching layers into the gold film.  I have read that they are due to release a "color" version soon, I do not understand how this would work, but hell...i don't understand the grayscale one either...apparently its just a software upgrade not a hardware upgrade.
As for drives...I can only say the one I have works great so far...no complaints (Lite-on..from newegg)
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com