Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone running a V3 with 480's?  (Read 11505 times)

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
Re:Anyone running a V3 with 480's?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2003, 12:28:04 AM »
480 > PSP-2 > mme  ;D
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline utahtaper

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2003, 12:31:18 AM »
V3's looking pretty good right now. Makes it hard when there's MMe's all over the place for good deals. I have yet to see a used V3 in the last while and when  I do they are gone before I can get to them. Anyone out there got a used one they wanna sell before I consider buying one new?
I'm posting in the yard sale as well.
Thx for all your replies. Please keep posting if you have more to add.  
Recording:
SKM 140's>LC3>ACM660

Playback:
Tascam DA30MKII DAT player
Jolida Tube CD player

Sota Saphire w/grado TLZ> Melos 333> Melos 400 monoblocks> Legacy Focus

Mcintosh MR71>c22>MC60 monoblocks

marc0789

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2003, 08:23:02 AM »
Scott Brown, you were right. Running it changed my mind. Makes me wonder what I've been thinking for the last couple of years, first time I've heard anything close to natural high end since running 4011>v2>2k, except the v3 sounds much more natural to me, not thin and compressed at all. I can literally close my eyes and it sounds like it did at the show. And the sound was not great, but it doesn't really matter. It's more enjoyable to hear what I heard, personally. 8)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2003, 08:36:37 AM »
Scott Brown, you were right. Running it changed my mind. Makes me wonder what I've been thinking for the last couple of years, first time I've heard anything close to natural high end since running 4011>v2>2k, except the v3 sounds much more natural to me, not thin and compressed at all. I can literally close my eyes and it sounds like it did at the show. And the sound was not great, but it doesn't really matter. It's more enjoyable to hear what I heard, personally. 8)

I never thought I'd see the day...   :o

Glad you're enjoying your latest combo, Marc!
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2003, 09:28:13 AM »
V3's looking pretty good right now. Makes it hard when there's MMe's all over the place for good deals. I have yet to see a used V3 in the last while and when  I do they are gone before I can get to them. Anyone out there got a used one they wanna sell before I consider buying one new?
I'm posting in the yard sale as well.
Thx for all your replies. Please keep posting if you have more to add.  

that should tell you  something about the V3
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2003, 09:38:21 AM »

marc, satisfied with his gear?  is this one of the signs of the apocalypse?  what's next?  dogs and cats living together? ;D  +t marc

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2003, 11:44:30 AM »
i give him 3-4 weeks to start cussin' out the v3... well, maybe 4-5; he likes it a LOT right now... but it will happen soon... any takers? i've got a killer ministry collection i'd be willing to copy

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2003, 11:56:52 AM »
>> Scott Brown, you were right.<<

so what the hell am i supposed to post about now?  :)

glad you like it!

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2003, 01:13:02 PM »
i give him 3-4 weeks to start cussin' out the v3... well, maybe 4-5; he likes it a LOT right now... but it will happen soon... any takers? i've got a killer ministry collection i'd be willing to copy

where's vegas putting the over/under?  I give him 23 days to start cussin' the V3, 6 weeks until he's bought another ad1k.
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2003, 02:57:05 PM »
I have had the same results with the 4022>v3 combo since February.  I would love to compare them to a MMe, but just never got the chance.  

I will be posting a 16/24 bit recording samples sometime next week.  I believe that it is also a MMe v V3 comp as well!

Phil
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Tim

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2003, 03:24:42 PM »
I have had the same results with the 4022>v3 combo since February.  I would love to compare them to a MMe, but just never got the chance.  

I will be posting a 16/24 bit recording samples sometime next week.  I believe that it is also a MMe v V3 comp as well!

Phil

I've been very impressed with Phil's Phish west coast 4022/v3 tapes.. suprisingly pleased!

Phil, you can borrow my minime any time...

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2003, 04:31:56 PM »
this is truly scary

Tim

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2003, 05:24:42 PM »

Tim

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2003, 05:25:25 PM »
Phil, didn't Travis Tarr run 480/v3 at red rocks this year? I thought we were just talking about those tapes...

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2003, 05:42:04 PM »
Yup-
I have them over here I think.  Only night 3 i believe.  They sound real nice.  Haven't done a sit down listen though.  

When i do another 4022 recording, i may want to bring it out, Tim!!

Phil
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com