Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AIFF to WAV  (Read 1863 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
AIFF to WAV
« on: October 03, 2006, 11:06:41 AM »
I have a buddy who does not know squat about computers.  He uses a Mac.  (I personally don't think those two comments are mutually exclusive)

Anyway, opinions aside, he converted DAT/PCM/Cassettes/CD's or something into about 300GB or 400GB of AIFF files.  He said it took 4 days to mirror the drive and I told him to FLAC the files.  How can he easily convert AIFF to WAV?  Remember, this guy needs someone to hold his hand so it has to be really, really simple.

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Old and in the way.
Re: AIFF to WAV
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »
why change from AIFF to WAV?  they are basically the same thing (only difference is the endian format).  Just flac the AIFF files using xACT.  Later on if someone absolutely must have WAV's then they decompress the flac using xACT and select it to decompress as a WAV.  While your friend might not know alot about computers, at least he had the sense enough to get a Mac  ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 11:23:36 AM by bluegrass_brad »
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »
I have a buddy who does not know squat about computers.  He uses a Mac.  (I personally don't think those two comments are mutually exclusive)

Anyway, opinions aside, he converted DAT/PCM/Cassettes/CD's or something into about 300GB or 400GB of AIFF files.  He said it took 4 days to mirror the drive and I told him to FLAC the files.  How can he easily convert AIFF to WAV?  Remember, this guy needs someone to hold his hand so it has to be really, really simple.

1. he doesn't have to convert to wav.  he can do aiff to flac directly
2. http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21952
3. those jabs at us mac users are really productive...

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »
yes, there is a version of xACT for windows.  but, a FLAC file is a FLAC file.  it doesn't matter if the original file was AIFF or WAV.  any PC user should be able to decompress the FLAC files, with either xACT or FLAC Frontend...

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 01:03:31 PM »
what jason said

flac is flac...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com