Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: THANKS need some help from someon in marriland THANKS  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
THANKS need some help from someon in marriland THANKS
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:13:15 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/ydyq4n

i'd like to snag these..whatever the hell they are.
:)
anyone relatively local who can help organize shipping w/me?  I'll get boxes from VSA for these shipped to you, and then you ship to me.  I'll pay..of course.

and TS.com comes through.

I won this auction, and cooker is going to pick up the speakers for me and help me get them to Maine.
I feel like I got a great deal....I have no idea what these speakers are all about, other than that they are 3 ways from the HT line and around the same time frame as VR4gIIs were around...so i'm saying around 2000/01. 
Looks like the pre-curser to the VR2 and VR3.  a VR3 sized body...tall and slim, but with 12" whoofers that are side firing, and these things are rated as a full range speaker 25-25kHz.  Hopefully, I wont need to use my sub...or if so, just a wee little bit.

I've come to the conclusion that subwhoofers suck.  Maybe I just need to use a really high end one.  but...a full range speaker is the way to go because you have no choice but to think what you hear is "right" when its coming out of one speaker. 
w/the sub...and my monitors, things would sound "right" with certain material...and then sound like ass on others...requiring me to futz w/the crossover and sub volume.  No thanks.
I hope the VR-2100 solves that for me.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 08:03:46 AM by Nick's Picks »

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
Re: THANKS need some help from someon in marriland THANKS
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 08:46:03 AM »
I don't want to say anything about the sub  ;D
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 10:22:12 AM »
props to cooker
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 12:14:20 PM »
That is very cool, just goes to show what good people we have here.

I hope you've found what you are looking for.

Offline carlbeck

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »
Nick has found what he's looking for..... This week!

I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline som

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 12:43:13 PM »
Nick has found what he's looking for..... This week!

Yeah, when my wife complains about me replacing something every few years, I love being able to say stuff like "well, there 's this guy on one of those forums....". Showing her the prices on some of the Stereophile reviews helps too!   ;D
AT ES943/C's > Church Audio ST-9100 > iRiver H100 (Rockboxed)

Offline carlbeck

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 04:26:48 PM »
No matter how much I like to make fun of Nick (ok, LOVE) it will still never beat the time he was drunk off his ass & told my wife how much I spend on gear  :o

If it wasn't for the fact that he let his wife have her way with me that night we might not be friends  ;D

ALL TUBES BABY!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.157 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com