Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CD burning and XP question  (Read 9283 times)

Offline B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:CD burning and XP question
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2003, 09:58:43 PM »
xp is the most pointless invention ever....'98 will forever stay in my heart as the best windows ever

Interesting.  Win98 is probably the biggest POS Windows release I've ever used going back to 3.1.

I don't know I'd think ME would take that prize! ;D

It would, but I've never used ME.  From what I've heard, it's probably true:  ME sucks big one, 98 sucks just a little less.

MicroSloth should be sued over the release of ME!

well, the 98 use spurs from the beginning of 98, back in 1998, when i got it...ive had this computer on it since then, and im still rockin out on it.  for me, xp is too automatic - too much stuff to modify so it doesnt pop up for you and do things itself.  i think 98 is the real windows, that hardcores can use to the fullest extent, cause its got all the functionability of xp, but you control it all.  i like the feeling of running everything on the machine, instead of having all the stuff running to make sure other things are running and scheduling your stuff and all...the bubbly xp stuff did really suck, but ive got the family computer upstairs on Pro, and i dont use it too much...just for digital camera stuff...but apparently, microsoft released an OS called "BOB", all according to superphatal, where, upon login, if you were trying to login and didnt get the password correct three times in a row, it would ask you if you wanted to change your password, and you didnt have to type in your old one to change it, which i believe beats out ME...im just connected to my 98, since ive molded it into exactly what i want

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2003, 10:42:15 PM »
Borf, I think Windows 2000 does more of the good about which you typed. Give that a shot. ;)

Offline B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2003, 04:35:36 PM »
i would, but then i would have to go through the molding process again...its not really like i would choose a new 98 over a new 2000 version, its that i would choose my 98 over a new 2000, y'know? its got sentimental value.

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2003, 09:18:34 PM »
Right on, Borf, I can dig.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com