Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Life changes.........  (Read 7404 times)

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Life changes.........
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 10:22:22 PM »
Well, regardless of selling the rig or not, you can not beat a quality playback rig. It is the best money any music lover can spend. I have just spent the past three hours in my office listening to the new system & it is pretty sweet for the money, I am impressed. It's engaging, has tons of prat & while it doesn't pressurize the room like I am used too it certainly brings some of the show home if just in a smaller scale then I am used too. Overall, money spent on a good playback rig is money well spent IMO.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline coop

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • been there, taped it.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 04:21:15 PM »
I sold all my taping and playback gear.  Don't miss it one bit.  Youll be too busy with the kiddos to have serious fun with it anyway.  My spouse thought something was wrong when with me when i told her i was selling it.  I had a little remorse- but now i can get to shows at the last minute or after they start, and leave early if either of us is tired.
 Coop
bicycle more, drive less, breathe easier.
http://www.gimmecoffee.com

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 06:52:42 PM »
congrats man!

You'll have more fun with the baby in the long run, so you made a good call - dont ever let anyone tell you otherwise! :)

Good luck on the office playback - you know what your looking for and know the budget, so you'll have no probs finding the right setup... on the downside, you wont be able to crank it up and rock out for a long time.. teehee. :)

-Jim

Offline carlbeck

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 07:02:51 PM »
Well, the reality of what happened is starting to hit me & everytime I see this thread it is only going to continue to hurt but we lost the baby. I know it is natural & the body has a reason for what it does but it doesn't hurt any less. We'll try again & life will go on though.

I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 07:42:53 PM »
Dont let it get you guys down...., it happens all the time.  might even happen again..you never know. 
the stork WILL come though.

Offline carlbeck

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 07:46:38 PM »
Thanks Nick, I have been locked in the basement spinning vinyl like a madman trying to take my mind off things, thank god for music.

ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 06:48:17 AM »
you should pick up some Barry White albums.  might help out.

Offline som

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 03:21:35 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear about the loss.

Our first pregnancy ended in miscarriage.....totally unexpected, no way did we think that would happen. Then when my wife got pregnant again we thought, well, we had the miscarriage, that's behind us....and it happened again. *Then* when she got pregnant again, we were afraid to tell anyone, and tried to pretend that nothing was happening.

That was 16 years ago:

All in all we had 5 miscarriages. Always a tough thing to go through, and something that seems totally out of the realm of possibility when expecting a first child, but a totally natural and common thing (I bet you've had a bunch of people share their stories since hearing this).

Hang in there. 
AT ES943/C's > Church Audio ST-9100 > iRiver H100 (Rockboxed)

Offline carlbeck

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »
Yes, your exactly right, it seems more common then completing the term sometimes. We are getting through it though, thanks for everyone support. It's a great community we have here, I hope everyone is as thankful for it as I am.

ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Still loves his mic pre's
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
One of my oldest and closest friends (27 years) had a placental abruption on the day of delivery - very tragic and devastating for me (for her I can not imagine)...

Time heals and life continues, and a beautiful child will come...

I do not know you at all but wanted to post because your loss for some reason really made me think of my friend - it hurts terribly -  stay strong and push forward - your time will come.

Everyone out there - spend as much time with family/loved ones/friends as possible - when the time is gone it is gone forever and you can't get it back....

We are all thinking of you...
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 08:31:59 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that Carl.
 :'(
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »
Same here.  our first pregnancy ended in miscarriage.  these things happen for a reason.  an other chance will come and when it is right it will happen.  good things happen to good people!

+T
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline carlbeck

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 12:18:26 PM »
I can't thank everyone enough for their support, it is much appreciated.

ALL TUBES BABY!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com