Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Cleans Your Dirty Needle  (Read 2182 times)

cshepherd

• Trade Count: (0)
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Cleans Your Dirty Needle
« on: February 09, 2007, 12:37:18 PM »
We just tried Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser on our turntable needles and the improvement in sound is significant...less veiled, more dynamic, better fidelity.  IMO, everyone who owns a turntable should pick up a package of Magic Erasers, especially if you don't have a method of keeping your records clean.  These eraser pads are about $5 from anywhere.  Gently push the magic eraser into the cartridge needle so the needle slides in and out of the eraser pad three or four times.  A case could be made for doing this after every side to maintain maximum performance.

Dirty needles are bad, mmm-kay.

Have a great weekend,
Chris

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Cleans Your Dirty Needle
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »
I use those erasers for everything and saw this trick posted on AC awhile back.  Been doing it ever since. You are using it dry I assume?

sc

cshepherd

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:13:14 PM »
I am using it dry and keeping it in a ziplock bag.  We just picked them up yesterday.  I assumed some people would have heard about this but I thought it was worth posting.  It's an easy thing to do and it's well worth the small bit of effort. 

Do you have a cartridge alignment tool?  They are also good to have around.

Chris

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 07:41:38 PM »
I am using it dry and keeping it in a ziplock bag.  We just picked them up yesterday.  I assumed some people would have heard about this but I thought it was worth posting.  It's an easy thing to do and it's well worth the small bit of effort. 

Do you have a cartridge alignment tool?  They are also good to have around.

Chris

Yes I do, but I find it isn't all that needed with the Rega 3 screw cartridges.  A stylus force gauge is a must as well.

The Magic Erasers work wonders on the both the vinyl interior and gelcoat on the boat.  Nothing else gets out bird chit!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com