Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Church transformer based pre  (Read 84981 times)

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Houston
Re: Church transformer based pre
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2007, 11:58:47 PM »
Are we still looking at a $500 price point on this?
Well as time goes on and the feature set increases, our price point is also changing. Its a very hard balancing act between cost of the product and retail price. But we want to pack as many features into this thing as is possible so that you get the most bang for the buck. We also want to design a preamp that does not need any "mods" in the future to make it sound better. I think in the end everyone that owns one will be happy with there purchase.

understood. id rather having quality than a lower pricepoint anyday.

So if it's going to be more expensive (quality), what will seperate it from the Aerco MP2 (which is a quality piece of kit)?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2007, 01:51:31 AM »
Are we still looking at a $500 price point on this?
Well as time goes on and the feature set increases, our price point is also changing. Its a very hard balancing act between cost of the product and retail price. But we want to pack as many features into this thing as is possible so that you get the most bang for the buck. We also want to design a preamp that does not need any "mods" in the future to make it sound better. I think in the end everyone that owns one will be happy with there purchase.

understood. id rather having quality than a lower pricepoint anyday.

So if it's going to be more expensive (quality), what will seperate it from the Aerco MP2 (which is a quality piece of kit)?

We are not going to say our preamp is better then the competition, I did not build my reputation by slamming other sellers of fine audio gear ( unless I thought they were trying to rip you off ) :)  But There will be features on this preamp that have NEVER been put on a preamp before.  I am not going to get into details to easy for the competition to beat us to the punch. I think we have incorporated things that "should" have been put into a preamp design but never have been, because all of the other preamps are not really designed from the ground up for taping live shows sure some of them are small and some of them use battery power but none of them have some of the ideas we are going to incorporate into this one product. When you see the feature set you will understand what I am talking about, I am not bragging here but I am dam proud of some of the ideas Me and Brad have come up with. And I know you will be impressed, I am... and I am not so easy to impress. So I guess what I am saying is Function/Performance will be one thing that makes us stand out.

This is the finest thing I have ever been a part of. I am very proud of this design. I dont want to come off as some jerk that thinks we have reinvented the wheel. We have not. What we have done is for a long time wondered why some of these features were never available in a design. We have also rethought preamp and power supply design from ground up, nothing in our design or in the function of this preamp is "typical" And in the end the customer will get a preamp that is Functional, Reliable, Flexible, And Sounds Great.

We are not just builders of gear. Brad has his extensive electronics engineering background and concert taping and extensive knowledge of how the "big boys do things" from a manufacturing and design standpoint.  I have my background in sound engineering and electronics, and some of the things I have learned in running Church Audio like the mass production of over 2,900 preamps and over 2,000 microphones  to date with a return rate of less then 5%. Both of our talents are being fully brought to bear on this product.

But more importantly then all that is this "WE LISTEN" to you guys we read your threads and we listen to your ideas and we have read about some of your frustrations. That's how a good product is formed not just from the inside out but from the end user input. Because in the end you guys are going to be the ones running the gear in the field.

Chris
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 01:54:34 AM by Church-Audio »
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2007, 05:40:20 AM »
OH MY GOD THE SUSPENSE IS NOW KILLING ME....honest

Thank you chris and brad for putting all of your talents to work and designing a product tailored to the concert recording needs.  I am sure that this product will be fantastic.  If everything you say is true, and I am sure that it is, this will be  a great addition to my apogee minime converters. Sounds like it could end up being the next V2.

T+

Any idea on time frame till completion? 

Thanks OOK

DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2007, 07:14:52 AM »
"boing"

Offline Shawn

• is old and tired
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2007, 07:21:25 AM »
I'm not even in the market for a preamp and I want one now.  ;D

Offline rowjimmy

• rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2007, 08:00:29 AM »
I AM in the market for a pre-amp and I want one....
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2007, 08:46:31 AM »
There is one thing that is going to be in the preamp is an

On off switch :)

We will be releasing the feature set in the next little while.. :) once we have a working prototype.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2007, 09:25:12 AM »

We will be releasing the feature set in the next little while.. :) once we have a working prototype.  that we will be shipping off to NicksPicks.com for review.

fixed that for you...
;-)

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2007, 10:16:32 AM »

We are not going to say our preamp is better then the competition, I did not build my reputation by slamming other sellers of fine audio gear ( unless I thought they were trying to rip you off ) :)  But There will be features on this preamp that have NEVER been put on a preamp before.  I am not going to get into details to easy for the competition to beat us to the punch. I think we have incorporated things that "should" have been put into a preamp design but never have been, because all of the other preamps are not really designed from the ground up for taping live shows sure some of them are small and some of them use battery power but none of them have some of the ideas we are going to incorporate into this one product. When you see the feature set you will understand what I am talking about, I am not bragging here but I am dam proud of some of the ideas Me and Brad have come up with. And I know you will be impressed, I am... and I am not so easy to impress. So I guess what I am saying is Function/Performance will be one thing that makes us stand out.

This is the finest thing I have ever been a part of. I am very proud of this design. I dont want to come off as some jerk that thinks we have reinvented the wheel. We have not. What we have done is for a long time wondered why some of these features were never available in a design. We have also rethought preamp and power supply design from ground up, nothing in our design or in the function of this preamp is "typical" And in the end the customer will get a preamp that is Functional, Reliable, Flexible, And Sounds Great.

We are not just builders of gear. Brad has his extensive electronics engineering background and concert taping and extensive knowledge of how the "big boys do things" from a manufacturing and design standpoint.  I have my background in sound engineering and electronics, and some of the things I have learned in running Church Audio like the mass production of over 2,900 preamps and over 2,000 microphones  to date with a return rate of less then 5%. Both of our talents are being fully brought to bear on this product.

But more importantly then all that is this "WE LISTEN" to you guys we read your threads and we listen to your ideas and we have read about some of your frustrations. That's how a good product is formed not just from the inside out but from the end user input. Because in the end you guys are going to be the ones running the gear in the field.

Chris

So basically I can summarize your entire diatribe to: we are making nothing short of God's gift to taping. 

Seriously though, great things start from humble beginnings...  To be honest, most sellers on TS don't get away with comments like that without taking some serious flack. 

Offline rowjimmy

• rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2007, 10:42:26 AM »
We owe it to Chris and his good reputation to wait to see what we're shooting at before deploying the flack.

Edit to add:
To his credit, I think Chris knows he can't please everyone...
mic > wires > recorder

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #235 on: August 21, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »
We owe it to Chris and his good reputation to wait to see what we're shooting at before deploying the flack.

Edit to add:
To his credit, I think Chris knows he can't please everyone...

The whole post reads like a marketing flier.  I don't see other sellers in here fluffing their wares...

Offline rowjimmy

• rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2007, 11:14:58 AM »
Read more closely and you'll see:
Chris soliciting feature suggestions
Tapers offering more opinions than can fit into any one box
Tapers asking, repeatedly for updates
Chris responding to those requests...

Lighten up.

Hell, nothing is even for sale- yet.
mic > wires > recorder

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »
Read more closely and you'll see:
Chris soliciting feature suggestions
Tapers offering more opinions than can fit into any one box
Tapers asking, repeatedly for updates
Chris responding to those requests...

Lighten up.

Hell, nothing is even for sale- yet.

I saw that and it's cool.  But when I asked about the distinction from the Aerco box, I got a long fluff reply that had little to do with the question.  All he had to say was wait until it comes out. 

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #238 on: August 21, 2007, 11:35:41 AM »
The whole post reads like a marketing flier.  I don't see other sellers in here fluffing their wares...

You don't see many of guysonic's posts, do you?  :P
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #239 on: August 21, 2007, 11:38:53 AM »

You don't see many of guysonic's posts, do you?  :P

He keeps a pretty low profile, but pops up every few weeks for another round.   ;D 
I look forward to seeing/hearing what you guys come up with, but let's keep the fluffing to a minimum until we hear some recordings.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com