Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone have the Waves S1 plug-ins - ? about the S1 MS-Matrix  (Read 3800 times)

Offline trajhip2000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Anyone have the Waves S1 plug-ins - ? about the S1 MS-Matrix
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:40:08 PM »
I'm trying to figure out if my Waves S1 MS-Matrix plug-in is working correctly (splits a stereo wav into Mid+Side). When I open the S1 Imager or S1 Shuffler I get level meters, severtal options for adjustment, etc. When I open the S1 MS-Matrix I don't see any of that, just a gray screen that says S1 MS-Matrix and a pull down menu with a couple basic selections like -3 dB left, etc. - no meters or anything like that. When I run a stereo signal thru and, then use the outs as the M-S inputs to the Imager it sounds like I get the stereo signal back, but I'm still not convinced it's working correctly. So if someone else has these (they're in one of the Waves bundles, maybe Gold?) could they pull that one up and see what it looks like? thx.

Steve

Offline ShawnF

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Anyone have the Waves S1 plug-ins - ? about the S1 MS-Matrix
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 01:53:05 AM »
I have that plugin (DirectX version, with CEPro2.0), but have never used it.  I just opened a file and called the plugin, and get exactly what you describe--only the drop down with the + and - 3 settings.  CEPro also has "Mid-Side to L-R" and is much more configurable, so if it were me, I guess I would try all of that and see what worked best.  Don't what software you're using, though.

Edit--I just saw that you're saying you want to go from stereo to M/S.  I don't know if that's what the plugin is designed to do--wouldn't it be more likely that it would decode M/S to stereo?  CEPro would seem to allow both directions, if that's really what's going on.  Sorry I don't know more about this . . .
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:00:34 AM by ShawnF »

Offline imgoinmad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Production House Media
Re: Anyone have the Waves S1 plug-ins - ? about the S1 MS-Matrix
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:02:57 AM »
Why don't you look at the plugin's pdf help file?
Field:
Schoeps CMXY4V>Oade Basic Mod Marantz PMD-671
CSB>Sony PCM-M1

Multitrack:
Digidesign 002R/Behringer ADA-8000/5 x Mackie HR-824's/1 x Mackie HRS120/Blue Sky BMC/Mackie Universal Control Surface
Dual ASUS 24in/Mac Pro 2x2.66ghz 6C Xeon/Mac OS 10.6.8/Pro-Tools 10+CPTK/Fostex D-5

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3043964/
http://www.productionhousemedia.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com