Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Seeding on bt.etree problems  (Read 2277 times)

Offline gratefulphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
Seeding on bt.etree problems
« on: March 16, 2007, 12:59:43 AM »
So, I am 90% of the way through. Show is tracked, flaced, torrented, and posted to bt.etree.  Everything seems to be fine, except I am not seeding the show. I went back and clicked on the torrent file, and it is trying to download, instead of seeding.  Tried with Azaureus, and Bit Tornado.  No luck.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline ttrego2003

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • nobody puts baby in the corner!
Re: Seeding on bt.etree problems
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:12:54 AM »
the same stuff  is happening to me, i have been trying to post shows, but no seed.

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:47:41 AM »
If you alter one little thing in the file set AFTER you have made the torrent file, the BT client will read the torrent file and think the altered file is not present in your file set (or what you think is a seed).  Even doing something mundane as changing the text a little in the info file will cause you to have only 99.9% of the file set.  This is why you see yourself downloading instead of seeding.  DON'T TOUCH ANY OF YOUR FILES AFTER YOU HAVE MADE THE TORRENT FILE.  Otherwise, you have to delete the the torrent from the tracker and start all over again by making a new torrent file!

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 09:05:54 AM »
true to the above post, but bt.etree is acting very strange lately.  just have some patience and try again in a few days.

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 11:32:34 AM »
If you alter one little thing in the file set AFTER you have made the torrent file, the BT client will read the torrent file and think the altered file is not present in your file set (or what you think is a seed).  Even doing something mundane as changing the text a little in the info file will cause you to have only 99.9% of the file set.  This is why you see yourself downloading instead of seeding.  DON'T TOUCH ANY OF YOUR FILES AFTER YOU HAVE MADE THE TORRENT FILE.  Otherwise, you have to delete the the torrent from the tracker and start all over again by making a new torrent file!

To try to fix things, I moved the .flac folder, and all of its contents to a new location, generated a new torrent file.  Deleted the torrent on etree.  Uploaded new torrent file.  Upload was successful, and then went back to click on torrent file to start seeding, and still have the same problem. It thinks that I am trying to download, not seed.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 12:23:50 AM »
The only reliable way I have found to do this so far is by using Azureus as my primary bit torrent client, and then using Bit Tornado to "download" the show, which then seems to tweak Azureus to begin seeding.  There really should be some simple way to just "start seeding."

spreadheadtom

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 02:30:57 PM »
I gave up on etree yesterday.  I was having the same problems all day long.  I finally said fuck it!  I am able to listen to the show---that's all that matters to me  >:D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com