Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Skipping While Playing Back in Soundforge  (Read 1317 times)

Offline gratefulphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
Skipping While Playing Back in Soundforge
« on: March 24, 2007, 07:36:04 PM »
I hope that this is not a problem with a new 400GB SATA drive that I installed a few weeks ago.  When I am working on a project, and hit play, just recently, the playback started skipping, like a bad CD player.  Is this a disk issue.  It seems like my computer in general has been running a little slower for some reason lately, so could that be part of the problem. Calling all computer geeks, come in computer geeks.  TIA
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline rustle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
Re: Skipping While Playing Back in Soundforge
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 08:45:28 AM »
check your "preference" setting. I think it's the "Latency" setting that you'll have to fool with. I've had the same problem with the laptop, and I beleive that's how I solved the problem.
good luck :)
"Once in a while you can get shone the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J. Garcia, R. Hunter

“Physical discomfort is important only when the mood is wrong. Then you fasten on to whatever thing is uncomfortable and call that the cause. But if the mood is right, then physical discomfort doesn't mean much.” - Robert Pirsig, author, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.214 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com