Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Pioneer DV-696AV operating noise?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline powermonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Pioneer DV-696AV operating noise?
« on: April 25, 2007, 03:39:06 PM »
I hope someone out there can help. I've recently bought myself a Pioneer DV696AV to replace my old CD player, and the sound quality is fantastic - SACDs and 24bit live shows sound great. The problem is the noise of the machine itself is driving me nuts - a constant whirring that completely overwhelms any quiet tunes I listen to. I realise that I'll probably get used to this noise over time, but I was wondering if any of you had the same machine, or had had problems with noisy DVD players? Could this persistant whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr be indicative of a fault of some kind?

I realise that a £150 DVD player isn't going to be set up for audiophiles, but that doesn't stop it being really really really annoying!

???
Church Audio CA-11s, CA-14 Cards, CA-14 Omnis, Peluso CEMC-6

CA 9200 preamp
FEL BMA-1 Preamp

Edirol R09
Edirol R09HR
Sony M10
Edirol R44

My live recordings.... HERE:

https://www.facebook.com/Liverecordings1

and/or

https://soundcloud.com/liverecordings-1

Offline libfab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Pioneer DV-696AV operating noise?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:41:13 AM »
I bought the same player a couple of months ago--same comments: low price, great sound, no hiss (-125 dB noise floor they say, and possibly true), yet that confounded whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I've found no other solution than boxing it closely in my Hi-fi tower rack, in between two other stereo devices, with very little room in between. Improved, though not perfect.
Otherwise there's the "brute force fix" some advocate for purring PCs: just put it behind a room's partition and drill a hole for the cables to pass through...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com