Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AirConditioning Noise-Any Plugins to Get Rid of It?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
AirConditioning Noise-Any Plugins to Get Rid of It?
« on: May 11, 2007, 05:21:09 PM »
A hazard of running Blumlein: my rear left (so the backend of my right channel) seems to have been pointed at an air circulating vent, very low level but annoying.  I didn't hear the damn thing in the hall.  Is there any software to get rif of this that anyone has successfully used?  I use mainly Wavelab for editing, but also have Pyramix and Audacity.

Jeff

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
Re: AirConditioning Noise-Any Plugins to Get Rid of It?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:46:53 PM »
Some noise reduction plugs allow you to take a soundprint, then use reduction to remove that soundprint. You need a piece of audio that is just pure "problem noise" to sample the soundprint from. that said, it works, but it def affects overall quality.
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:23:56 PM »
There are plugins that handle stuff like this.  I use SoundTrack Pro (Apple only) to do this as it has fairly easy tools to use as I listen to the results in real time.  As the other poster points out, for best results you'll need a 'clean' portion of the offending noise...preferably a few seconds.

I'd be happy to help, if you wanna PM me...

keytohwy

A hazard of running Blumlein: my rear left (so the backend of my right channel) seems to have been pointed at an air circulating vent, very low level but annoying.  I didn't hear the damn thing in the hall.  Is there any software to get rif of this that anyone has successfully used?  I use mainly Wavelab for editing, but also have Pyramix and Audacity.

Jeff

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »
Thanks, I will try playing around with noise reduction.  I got an acceptable but not optimal fix from cutting out the very bottom end, which cleans up the noise so the recording seems listenable to me, but it does take some of the punch out of the piano.  A friend with stand-alone pro gear will try to notch out just the noise for me, and I'll learn more about Wavelab plugins, maybe we'll get something better in the end.  (I have pc not mac setups).

+T

Jeff

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com