Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Post processing to remove buzzing  (Read 1338 times)

Offline el-kabong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Post processing to remove buzzing
« on: May 15, 2007, 05:12:16 PM »
I recently recorded a loud blues-rock show with edirol r-09 (onboard mics).  I got a really strange buzzing/vibration sound that could be the result of a loose housing near the right hand mic, or something in the venue (furniture or?) near my r-09, or ???

Anyhow, it seems to be confined to the right channel and is only happening during the loudest bass/low portions of the show.  Does anyone know what type of post-processing could reduce or eliminate this sound?  I can send a short sample if anyone feels like helping me.  This will be uploaded to dimeadozen if I can get it fixed...and it is EPIC

BTW:  I have recorded several shows since this one with no ill effects so I think it was something vibrating within the venue...

Offline iriewsp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I have to pay for you to get it sounding good?
Re: Post processing to remove buzzing
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 07:15:59 PM »
Well my first thought is either low end distortion from your mics, or it just so happend that the low frequencies when loud enough caused the houseing issue to vibrate(resonance frequency)  But Im not shure, I think you should upload a sample for some folks to hear.  Also a snap shot of your .wav files would help too.
Taping Rig
AKG 451e ck1 (mid) AT 4050 (side)>V3>MT 24/96

Multi Track Rig
2 x Focosrite Octopre Platinum with adat expansion>003r>mac g4 power book
with assorted microphones

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.14 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com