Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any one ever heard of this?  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Sterling

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Any one ever heard of this?
« on: October 26, 2003, 12:56:51 PM »

Offline chase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Etree List
Re:Any one ever heard of this?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 01:53:00 PM »
yeah i used to run one of those.  it would be a decent cheap pre/AD, in the same category as the edirol but it only runs on AC.  core sound sells a power pack for it but it almost doubles the cost of the unit.  i had very good results with using a power invertor pack at target ($20), included 2 6V SLAs wired into a 12V with power invertor, and even a light attached to it!   you can find it in the camping section.  core sound said they had lots of problems finding a reliable power supply for it, increased noise and whatnot, but i never had a problem with my power supply.  i even ran some tests, comparing noise levels between the power pack and the wall wart, couldn't tell the difference.

i have some tapes if you want to check them out (391 -> Duo -> D8)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 01:53:49 PM by chase »

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 06:12:56 PM »
doesn't look bad, but my question is can you use it standalone without a mod, or is it like the UA-5?
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline InfiniteOhms

• Taperssection Member
    • LMA Uploads
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 06:19:32 PM »
Its stand alone ...  BUT here is what Jordan Shaperio says about it:

Core Sound just released their "portable" M Audio duo unit. I don't recommend this at all. It doesn't have high quality pre-amps like the UA-5 does, nor does it have the host of inputs and outputs. I also don't like the lack of selectable bit depth and khz. Aditionally, the unit ends up being $200 more expensive with a maximum field powering of four hours. The Edirol is a much better unit with far more powering options!
ADK A-51s LE's > Oade W-mod UA-5 > Zoom H4n Pro if I bother to drag out a full rig. More often just the H4N Pro. My LMA tapes

Offline utahtaper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 10:21:04 PM »
Core Sound just released their "portable" M Audio duo unit. I don't recommend this at all. It doesn't have high quality pre-amps like the UA-5 does, nor does it have the host of inputs and outputs. I also don't like the lack of selectable bit depth and khz. Aditionally, the unit ends up being $200 more expensive with a maximum field powering of four hours. The Edirol is a much better unit with far more powering options!

Words to live by concerning that unit.....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 10:22:23 PM by utahtaper »
Recording:
SKM 140's>LC3>ACM660

Playback:
Tascam DA30MKII DAT player
Jolida Tube CD player

Sota Saphire w/grado TLZ> Melos 333> Melos 400 monoblocks> Legacy Focus

Mcintosh MR71>c22>MC60 monoblocks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com