Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sudden stops in Wavelab while recording  (Read 5834 times)

Offline hairytoez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Sudden stops in Wavelab while recording
« on: November 01, 2003, 03:19:06 PM »
Hi guys.  New to recording and the site, so forgive me if some things sound a little ignorant.  What a great site!  Never knew such a little piece of heaven existed out here especially with so many cats taping.

NT5's>USBPre1.5>Dell 600m(1.3 Centrino/512Ram)>Wavelab 4.0c
Operating System: XP Pro

My first couple of recordings turned out great no probs, levels fine, couldn't have asked for a better experience my first few times out.  Recently however about once or twice a show my recordings just stop.  Wavelabs recorded time just freezes and the peak levels disappear and the VU meters stay frozen.  The Pre's  meters keep bouncing, keeps showing phantom power and the whole nine yards like nothings wrong.  When I pull up the Pre's control panel it shows the phantom power off and the my mics unselected.  Any attempt from here to turn phantom power on or reselect my mics is to no avail- it just resets them to off.
The kicker is at home when testing it the darn thing will record straight through for hours and I never have this problem.  It appears to me to be a driver issue(current drivers) with the Pre but i'm not sure.  I'm hoping maybe someone else has had this happen and can lend a little insight into the matter. thanx

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Sudden stops in Wavelab while recording
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 03:19:42 PM »
First off, upgrade to WaveLab 4.0g or later. There are def. problems with the c version.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline hairytoez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 10:08:54 AM »
Thanks Matt.  Upgraded to g and the last two trips to the field have worked out great.  Appreciate the help

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 10:21:39 AM »
First off, upgrade to WaveLab 4.0g or later. There are def. problems with the c version.

i have been using 4.0c on my home machine for over a year without any difficulties...what problems are there?  also, i thought people were having probs with 4.0g and the auto-split function...am i confusing the versions?

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 10:52:13 PM »
glad you got that fixed, and I agree, this is an awesome site

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com