Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M248 users....  (Read 12404 times)

Offline Nick S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Gotta wear that coat
Re:M248 users....
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2003, 04:25:17 PM »
AES is a digital signal from the MMe to your dat.  You could also use the regualr spdif as well.  Some prefer the AES due to stability issues with the XLR cable.
And your head is spinning from a loud guitar . . .

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2003, 04:26:51 PM »
you keep saying coax, when in reality you need RCA - they look the same but carry different signals - coax is digital and RCA is analog.  248 to minime - Yes 2 cables, left and right.

The AES is another option for OUTPUT from the minime - that and digital coax.  The coax is not a locking connector and the AES is an XLR that "locks' into place.  That is why the suggestion for AES output from the minime - simply for a more secure connection.

If you have any more questions, I will be happy to try to answer them, but maybe someone else can explain in more clear terms than I?  Feel free to PM me Kevin - happy to help, if that is possible  :)

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2003, 04:29:05 PM »
+T for the help and putting up with my nonesense and sorry for using coax as I use that to describe both coax and rca even though i know the difference
481(3)>722

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2003, 09:32:57 PM »
coax is coax - it's a cable.  Short for coaxial... co- meaning "two" (conductors in this case) and -axial meaning "axis".  Thus, two conductors mounted about a common axis.

RCA is RCA - it's a connector.  Both analog and digtal signals on coaxial cable can be terminated in RCA connectors.

XLR, as you know, is also a connector.

In terms of what yall are trying to communicate, you're talking about two types of signals carried on coaxial cable terminated in RCA connectors.  The answer, you want to send an analog signal out of the RCA jacks on the m248, via coaxial cable, into the analog inputs on the minime, which are XLR connectors.  [sarcasm]After going through the magic smoke inside the minime, and passing by the calpots[/sarcasm], you want to take the digital AES format signal from the XLR output jack on the minime, down coaxial cable, and to the RCA connector input on your deck's 7-pin cable.

Sorry, I'm all about some correct terminology.  +T's around.

Kevin, you going to email me those MSG pictures any time soon?
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2003, 09:48:45 PM »
The answer, you want to send an analog signal out of the RCA jacks on the m248, via coaxial cable, into the analog inputs on the minime, which are XLR connectors.  [sarcasm]After going through the magic smoke inside the minime, and passing by the calpots[/sarcasm], you want to take the digital AES format signal from the XLR output jack on the minime, down coaxial cable, and to the RCA connector input on your deck's 7-pin cable.

Nice explanation, Lee.  +T

Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com