Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fixing a channel  (Read 2172 times)

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Fixing a channel
« on: November 15, 2007, 06:49:49 PM »
I had a issue with the a interconnect last night and have some right channel drop outs, whats the best way to copy the left over in audacity?

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Fixing a channel
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 06:58:02 PM »
I had a issue with the a interconnect last night and have some right channel drop outs, whats the best way to copy the left over in audacity?

Split Stereo Track > Select/Copy good track > Select/Paste bad track > Make stereo track

( the split stereo track dialog is on pull down, to the left of each track set...)

Offline run_run_run

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:39:23 PM »
yeah but how do you line it up?

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »
I had this problem for a show and just magnified the wav until I got to the drop out(s) and did a copy/paste, but was using CEP.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline run_run_run

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »
snap to grid works +Ts thanks

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 10:41:49 PM »
I've always found the abrupt switch from stereo to mono (or vice versa) fairly disruptive to my listening.  I usually like to take a sample from the good channel that's, say, ~10 seconds longer than the section on the bad channel, then crossfade ~5 (or 10 or whatever sounds good) sec before the switch to mono, and crossfade ~5 sec after the switch back to stereo.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Roving Sign

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 01:13:08 AM »
yeah but how do you line it up?

Are you trying to "spot fix"???

From your question..I was thinking you wanted to copy the entire left channel to the right...but now Im thinking you want to patch up the bad spots?

easy jim

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 01:04:33 PM »
I've always found the abrupt switch from stereo to mono (or vice versa) fairly disruptive to my listening.  I usually like to take a sample from the good channel that's, say, ~10 seconds longer than the section on the bad channel, then crossfade ~5 (or 10 or whatever sounds good) sec before the switch to mono, and crossfade ~5 sec after the switch back to stereo.

Really good advice...cross fades help a lot when you patch a brief section, especially because the levels between the two channels may be different eneough at that particular spot to cause a noticeable change at the instance of the patch.  +/- 5 sec is probably more than necessary, however, unless the patch itself is a longer section.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.099 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com