Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new to studio monitors  (Read 5664 times)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: new to studio monitors
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 09:30:40 PM »
remember the passive dynausios arent able to be bi-amped, like their active brethren.

the bm5a's are hard to beat fo the $700 you can get them for.

While I also highly recommend listening to the various brands to see what sounds best to you, don't forget to check the yard sale here at ts.com. Currently for sale is a pair of KRK V6s.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,94692.msg1261293.html#msg1261293

thanks for plugging my sale.  :)

while it's hard to beat the price of a monitor pair(with DAC...pretty cool) under 200 bucks, if you have a couple extra hundred to spend, KRK's should definitely be on the "listening list". i haven't felt the need to upgrade from the V6's until i was quoted some stellar prices on passive dynaudio bm6s and bm15s(which i previously thought were WAY out of my range).
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
Re: new to studio monitors
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 10:01:56 AM »
while most wouldnt consider M-Audio to be a good speaker brand, their monitors are actually REALLY good!

back a couple of years ago when I was looking at monitors, the KRK RP-6 was heavily pushed as something I should check out and honestly, I didnt like their sound. the high end was very thin and brittle sounding (to my ears) and the lows left something to be desired.

after spending several hours in various Guitar Center, Sam Ash and other local music/instrument shops with cds I knew well I went for the M-Audio Studiophile LX-4 series and couldnt be happier...half the price of the KRK RP-6 and sounded much better.

the water's clean and innocent

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com