Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 24 bit from the R4  (Read 3246 times)

Offline RedDawg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
24 bit from the R4
« on: November 24, 2007, 11:43:07 AM »
I'm wanting to give my audio from my R4 to someone who shooting video from the same show. Here are my questions...

1) What format should I be burning this to?  The entire MP2/MP4 stuff confuses me. It a must that the audio is 24 bit.  I'll be recording @ 24/48.
2) can you recommend programs for burning this.  I can get Nero7 if that will work...but if you recommend any free shareware for this that would be great.

Basically I'll be giving this person 2 files from each show.  A Set1 & a Set2. I'm guessing both sets will fit on 1 - 4.7g dvdr. 
Any advice or comments you have on this would be great.  Thanks in advance.
AKG 480 (61,62,& 63) > Dogstars > ACM R-4

Once in awhile you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Offline Josh P

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: 24 bit from the R4
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »
you should give them the audio in .wav.  You could FLAC it for them if you want to save space.

The mp2 conversion has nothing to do with the audio provided.  The person authoring the DVD will do that conversion.

Use any burning program (I use Nero).  Burn the .wavs as Data.  Depending on how long the show is (how big the wav files are), it may or may not fit on one DVDr.

Offline wilsonedits

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 02:58:53 PM »
you will find that you have to compress the video way to much to get the video bitrate low enough to do 24bit.... thats why everything is 16/48
P2 yo

Offline RedDawg

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 05:06:25 PM »
thanks guys.  I'll give it try this weekend.

Once in awhile you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

easy jim

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 06:05:56 PM »
you should give them the audio in .wav.  You could FLAC it for them if you want to save space...

Burn the .wavs as Data. 

Like Carl Z says, give them the raw .wav files as they transfer directly from the R-4.  Let them deal with converting down the audio after they complete syncing and mixing it.  There is a good chance that the audio will require some destructive editing during the process of syncing it with the video to correct for drift between the video camera(s)' clock(s) and the clock in the R-4, thus one reason why 24 bit is better than 16 bit at this stage.

And also create and include a .md5 checksum file for all .wav and/or .flac files so the recipient may run/verify the checksum to make sure the files transfer properly to their computer.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 07:01:15 PM by easyjim »

Offline RedDawg

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 04:52:48 PM »
thanks for the checksum tip EasyJim. 

One of these days I'll learn how to transfer "tickets" to show my thanks....so until then....thanks guys.

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 11:08:39 PM »
Sometimes it's worth recording 48 instead of 44.1 because that what video typically uses, and I think it can help when syncing, could be wrong though...
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com