Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: V3 vs V2  (Read 7449 times)

Offline THE NIZ BIAAAAACH!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Mr T don't partake in no sombrero activities!
V3 vs V2
« on: November 20, 2003, 06:58:24 PM »
I'm still debating wether or not to just buy a V3.  I run schoeps and have run ad1k, dmic 20, MMe, and V2.  I always thought that the V2 made the highs harsh, and lacked low end deffinition as well as losing alot of mid bass.  
The question at hand is do you think that the combo of the new A\D and the old V2 pre, the new V3, has solved these problems.
mk21+mk4>kc5>cmc6>portico 5012>722
24\96 in your ass bitches!

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:V3 vs V2
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 07:01:50 PM »
If I ran schoeps I wouldn't run anything but a V3, but that's just my ears. I never had a problem with the sound of schoeps->v2 before though so our ears may like different things.

fo'shizzle
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Tim

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 07:13:58 PM »
Thought more about... if I ran schoeps there are lots of combos that I would consider running. However if you want a one box solution I think the V3 is it. You've heard Nate and Eric's tapes, whaddya think?
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 07:26:02 PM »
The only tapes of nate and Erics that I have are an fob Moe, you were there, and a some other Fob.  Both tapes I belive to be to far foward to run the 4s.  I think that there were major issues with mic placement rather than the gear.  So from the tapes I have I can't make a good comparison.  

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 07:29:00 PM »
I'm really curious as to what the Mini Mp is going to sound like but Phil doesn't have a demo yet.  He does have Daryan's unit but it is partially paid for and his unit so he can't rent it.  If I knew him I'd ask if I could test drive it at the boulder theater tomorrow night.

Offline Tim

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 07:33:57 PM »
The only tapes of nate and Erics that I have are an fob Moe, you were there, and a some other Fob.  Both tapes I belive to be to far foward to run the 4s.  I think that there were major issues with mic placement rather than the gear.  So from the tapes I have I can't make a good comparison.  

I haven't heard nate's moe tape but mine is terrible...

are you still up in Boulder? there are tons of schoeps/v3 tapes out there

cpclark

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 08:37:04 PM »
i'd like to know if there really is a big difference in the pre's of the v2 and v3 or is it just the a/d section of the v3 that gives the box a little different flavor, i like running the v2 into my apogge a/d i think the clarity and the warming of the a/d work perfectly together, but ive only used it for 3 shows, but been very impressed so far

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2003, 08:41:48 PM »
schoeps+V3=phat tapes....so does schoeps+V2+modsbm-1, but get the V3, it matches the schoeps sooo well, any current runner of that rig I think would agree with me.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

DaryanLenz

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 05:16:33 AM »
Assuming you aren't planning on geting really scwillly, you are welciome to run the unit.  Just ask Phil to put it in an apogee mini-me case, keep it covered up, and don't scratch it.  I am dying to hear it, so I am OK with it as long as you and Phil take good care of it.   Oh yeah, I want a copy and a review of what you guys think!  If Phil needs a go ahead, tell him to e-mail me at work...he he the address and I cannot and will not post that one here for various reasons.  Again, take good care of it!!!!  I would really like to hear mini-mp->mini-me if Phil has one lying around!

Daryan

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2003, 02:56:20 PM »
I would'nt even consider getting really schwilly running some one elses gear like that.  I would love to run the Mme behind it as well.  I have to meet up with Geoff Lynch today, and he has a mini me I can probably borrow.  If this all comes together you're the man!  I'll see if I can get Ethan to put up on his server too! I'll let ya know what happens with Phil.

Offline Tim

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2003, 03:01:29 PM »
just don't lend Nizzle any mk21's and you'll be fine!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 03:18:47 PM »
Just to set the record straight that was Nate that dropped them he was just too spun to remember, and being the bigger man (untill now) I never said any thing.
It's a moot point anyway, Phil has not yet recieved Daryan's Mmp yet, but I think that all the talk lately might be motivating him to get one in asap.  I just talked to him about running some comps at the fox for either dirty dozen or Vinyl in early Dec.
Hopefully we can run
64>MMP>Mme>
64>V3>
and the plan would be to have either Phil or Ethan Host it

Offline Tim

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2003, 04:07:10 PM »
just blame it on Nate, always a good solution!

DaryanLenz

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2003, 05:55:09 PM »
It's fine with me if you guys use it once or twice, just don't scratch the sucker ;)  Have fun this weekend guys!

Daryan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com