Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Crunched for time  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
Re:Crunched for time
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2004, 01:41:55 AM »
did you remember to get batteries for the jb3 and ua5?  
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline he11yeah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I am addicted to Bisco.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004, 11:58:35 AM »
getting the ua5 today and i already have a extra njb3.  What is the best way to position the mics, are there any good websights that explain placment and such?

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2004, 12:03:38 PM »
the dpa mic university is very good....a google search should come up with it and i know if you search here you'll find it.
but it depends on the venue...how large is the place, how far back from the stage will you be setting up, will you be able to get in the center of the pa system, in front of or behind the board, etc etc are all factors that will play into the mic positions....
if you can get in the middle of the stacks, think of it as a triangle with you at one point, and each stack as the other points. (with the stage lip forming one of the sides of the triangle)
if it's an equilateral triangle, you'd probably do well with a DIN configuration, closer to the stage might be good for ORTF, really close like stage lip would be XY...and if you're further from the stage you may want to run the hyper setting on those c1000s and point them just to the outside of the stacks.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline he11yeah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I am addicted to Bisco.
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 12:39:33 PM »
I know that you have 420 tickets and it would be a terrible thing to ruin that but will someone t+ this man!

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2004, 01:55:03 PM »
hehe, thanks man!  i am kind of enjoying my current ticket status so +t me if you must but it's the thought that counts!  :smoking:
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com