Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Jonesin' for a show  (Read 6171 times)

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
Jonesin' for a show
« on: February 16, 2004, 05:01:07 PM »
http://www.jambase.com/search.asp?zip=98101

Anything worth going to?

-Kevin

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re:Jonesin' for a show
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 05:02:18 PM »
New Monsoon is pretty entertaining

Offline bush

• "Taper Pimp"
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Steppin to the beat
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 05:11:06 PM »
Go check out Keb Mo...

I've been trying to catch on of his shows for a while now...
Team Bama--Duct tape Mafia

"RIGLESS"

1985 CJ-7 stretched on 38's

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 05:14:02 PM »
http://www.jambase.com/search.asp?zip=98101

Anything worth going to?

-Kevin
Oh dude!!!  Go tape Bill Frisell - great Jazz Geeeetar...  Or Living Colour (used to like them in high school) and I hear Kaki King is pretty cool for solo chick geetar work...Super Furry Animals just played around here (Nic and I both live in Raleigh) and I heard it was a good show...Or the Greyhounds (only caught them once on the East Coast  - fantastic), or Benevetto/Russo, or Modest Mouse, or Sam Bush Band...

Wow, you guys got it going on up there!!!

And I take it Built to Spill is from the area???

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 05:14:22 PM »
kaki king with keb mo would be good also i see sam bush, elvis costello, rat dog, hot buttered rum string band.  Those are just some of the shows i would go and check out
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline Arglebargle

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 10:56:35 PM »
I like Sam Bush, Little Feat, not sure what Dr. John's taping policy is, Medeski Martin and Wood, and Derek Trucks,

Offline blu666z

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 11:41:32 PM »
Looking for something this week.

-Kevin

Offline Arglebargle

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 12:07:26 AM »
Well, Skerik looks like it might be interesting, isn't he the guy that plays with Claypool?

Offline blu666z

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 12:16:11 AM »
No taping and I don't stealth.

-Kevin

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 01:42:22 AM »
i used to be a howie day fan, but since he's not solo anymore, i have grown away from him, but i still think he's pretty damn talented, hope you see something good. peace.

matt
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 02:10:02 AM »
super furry animals, they're brit rock, but fun.  cool videos going on in the background, open taping, no cameras

built to spill, i don't know thier official taping policy but i think they're cool with it, they sound a bit like modest mouse.

shit, modest mouse is gonna be there too, go see them, they put on a kick ass show, open taping as well.

sorry, none of that stuff is really jam band type stuff, but i enjoy it.  i don't know your music taste.  but if you're bored...

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 09:47:44 AM »
super furry animals, they're brit rock, but fun.  cool videos going on in the background, open taping, no cameras

built to spill, i don't know thier official taping policy but i think they're cool with it, they sound a bit like modest mouse.

shit, modest mouse is gonna be there too, go see them, they put on a kick ass show, open taping as well.

sorry, none of that stuff is really jam band type stuff, but i enjoy it.  i don't know your music taste.  but if you're bored...

ed

Hey Kevin (Blu666z),

I'd be totally psyched if you taped Modest Mouse for me!!!  I've been trying to find good stuff from them, but all I get is crap.

T

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Offline blu666z

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 01:46:53 PM »

Hey Kevin (Blu666z),

I'd be totally psyched if you taped Modest Mouse for me!!!  I've been trying to find good stuff from them, but all I get is crap.

T

I'll mark that one down bro.

-Kevin

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 05:42:50 PM »
i saw kaki king opening for victor wooten and thought she was pretty good, definately worth checking out.  new monsoon is entertaining, sam bush is good stuff as well.  i don't know about howie day w/ a full band, but when it was just solo he put on a great show.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2004, 05:47:04 PM »

Hey Kevin (Blu666z),

T

I'll mark that one down bro.

-Kevin

You are THE MAN!  Woohoo!!!  Yeah, I've been diggin' MM since my Pavement days, but have never been able to find a good AUD recording...  Lots of crappy stealths and multi-gen cass and stuff...

I would greatly appreciate it!

Terry

Offline blu666z

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2004, 05:54:04 PM »
They are open?

-Kevin

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2004, 06:04:14 PM »
Copied this from the BTAT website:

"Modest Mouse does not seem to have issued a formal taping policy. Issac (lead singer) has stated (during one show) that "bootlegging and photography are ok". It should be noted that this statement is paraphrased and was only one show in 2001. Full rigs with stands have been allowed at some gigs. Board access seems to be venue dependent but available occasionally. Video recording is rumored to need an OK from the band beforehand. Basically taping is allowed but don't expect (or demand) to tape. These guys seem to be cool with the taping scene but don't expect the band to bend over to help you out. "

And this, I pulled from a MM fan site...  It makes me feel as if taping is allowed, or at least it occurs:

"Q: Where can I find Modest Mouse live bootlegs?

A: Do not buy live bootlegs! People who sell bootlegs on eBay and elsewhere are parasites. They are making money off of the talent and hard work of the band. Trading bootlegs for your own listening pleasure is fine. Profitting off of them is not. You can find an excellent sampling of live MP3s on my sounds page. You can find entire shows in MP3 at Indie Pop Live."

I would go early, ask the door guy and any band memeber you can find and then go from there...  I'm not sweating it if you don't tape it...  Eventually they will come here to NC!

Thanks for the hook though!

Terry

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2004, 01:25:18 AM »
if you talk to the tour manager he'll help you at the door if the security guard says no.  i'm on a modest mouse trading list, i should know the guys name, but i forgot it.  I'm pretty sure if you got there early you could easily get the stuff in.  Bill, who posts on here on occasion has hooked up some BT's in the kickdown forum.  He's also taped built to spill in the past, sent me a freebie, awesome tape.

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline blu666z

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2004, 01:32:01 AM »
Cool...thanks.

-Kevin

dancing with elihu

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2004, 01:34:59 AM »
I highly recommend The Reeltime Travelers if you like bluegrass.

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2004, 01:35:32 AM »
i don't know about howie day w/ a full band, but when it was just solo he put on a great show.

i caught howie day and stereophonics tonight and it was a pretty decent show.  i liked howie better solo when he was doing a lot of looping but still worth seeing imho.

busknuckle

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2004, 05:50:59 PM »
I'll be at the Modest Mouse show. I'm a tiny bit worried that there might be some label types who will interfere with taping.  I hope not but they have an album coming out 4/6 so I'm preparing myself for such a situation.

I've put a lot of planning into taping this show. I got my SBM modded. I'm borrowing mics from jpschust, an mp-2 from mannysbones, and possibly a few more items from a local Seattle friend. If all goes well....this will be a great show and I'll pull a great tape.

If you can make it, I'd suggest seeing Built to Spill. I've taped them before. They seem ok with it but no board access anymore.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 47 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com