Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help a noob pick gear>>>  (Read 5646 times)

Offline oldjoe38

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Help a noob pick gear>>>
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
I might have to jump on the dr40 from GC at 155. Is the DR40 my best option in the 150-250 price range, even over spending the same to run the archos setup mentioned above? Basically I can either go buy the DR40 for 155 and im ready to rock n roll for the time being with the nt1a. or i spend 155 on two new small diaphragm condensor mics and some sort of unit that can power and convert the xlr condensers into a 1/8" output to plug directly into the archos?

Offline ScoobieKW

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • ScoobieSnax Audio Archive
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 02:09:12 PM »
I would trust a purpose built recorder over an older does-many-things box. Especially since we don't know the quality of the A/D converters in the Archos.

Watch the yard-sale here. Used Church mics come around fairly often. BSC1 less often. A sleeper to watch for is the Avantone CK-1 especially if they have the Busman mod. This mod makes them nearly identical to the BSC1.
Busman BSC1, AT853 (O,C),KAM i2 Chuck Mod (C), Nak 300 (C),
M10, UA-5, US-1800, Presonus Firepod

http://kennedy-williams.net/scoobiesnax/

Offline oldjoe38

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 02:15:18 PM »
I agree. The archos is kind of a pain in the ass anyways. Had some battery issues too with it.
So you say go the DR40 route? better than the mkii? And I should be go running a mono rode nt1a until I save some money and get a pair of SDC's?
I would trust a purpose built recorder over an older does-many-things box. Especially since we don't know the quality of the A/D converters in the Archos.

Watch the yard-sale here. Used Church mics come around fairly often. BSC1 less often. A sleeper to watch for is the Avantone CK-1 especially if they have the Busman mod. This mod makes them nearly identical to the BSC1.

Offline ScoobieKW

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • ScoobieSnax Audio Archive
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
I own neither. There are Team boards here with users of both. Drop in on them, read up, and ask questions.
Busman BSC1, AT853 (O,C),KAM i2 Chuck Mod (C), Nak 300 (C),
M10, UA-5, US-1800, Presonus Firepod

http://kennedy-williams.net/scoobiesnax/

Offline oldjoe38

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »
I just bought a dr40 for 150. Gonna run a single NT1A mono setup until I can get a good pair of condensers.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.238 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com