Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recommends for Wilco at Onmegang Brewery  (Read 5441 times)

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
Re: Recommends for Wilco at Onmegang Brewery
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »
Since you have the TOA K4's use them, they shine, I think they are flatter and crisper than the nak 300's now nak 700's is a different story.

I'd run FOB 3 20 to 30' from stage Toa K4's DIN (20cm @ 90°)
above head high if possible, if not even just head high with a few buddies as a quiet buffer blocker zone.
Your recording will smoke!

Or do the same with the Nak cards
If you can run 4 channels, spaced omnis and a DIN set up would be sweet.
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline ArchivalAudio

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 08:53:03 PM »
If you are looking for a mx 100 here is one in the YS
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=155311.0
no connections.
just an FYI
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak

Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline mellotone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 06:23:03 PM »
So a bit of bad news on my end, I goofed on getting tix to this Wilco show as my wife politely reminded me that we're already scheduled to be in Montauk for that weekend, while I love Montauk I'm really bummed about missing out on this one and getting a chance to run a new open setup. That being said, I will be posting this pair of tix in the ticket exchange here and will gladly offer them at a bit of a discount if there are any TS members who are considering going.

Archival:
Thanks for the suggestions on the placement and config–making a note of this for future reference. Unfortunately I only have one TOA K-4 (still looking to pick up that second one) although the set of K2s I picked up will be getting a test run tomorrow evening at the Rock Shop (a smaller room venue in my neighborhood) for the Damien Jurado late show. One of the reasons I picked up this pair was b/c I had read TS members preferring their sound/performance over the NAK 300s, although the differences may be subtle I'm still interested in comparing for myself as I continue to use both sets.

I have indeed been eyeing that MX 100 in the yard (looks to be in great condition), but given my recent scheduling mishap I've decided to hold off for the time being. there also seem to be a few floating on ebay pretty regularly though not as clean.
Mic: 2 Nak CM 700(s), 3 Nak CM300(s) with CP1/CP2 caps, (2) Nak CP4 guns | 2 TOA KYs, 2 TOA K-2(s), 2 TOA K-4(s) | CA-14(s) Pre: CA 9200 Deck: PMD-661 (Oade Concert Mod) | PMD-420 (retired)

Offline ArchivalAudio

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 12:06:33 AM »

Archival:
Thanks for the suggestions on the placement and config–making a note of this for future reference. Unfortunately I only have one TOA K-4 (still looking to pick up that second one) although the set of K2s I picked up will be getting a test run tomorrow evening at the Rock Shop (a smaller room venue in my neighborhood) for the Damien Jurado late show. One of the reasons I picked up this pair was b/c I had read TS members preferring their sound/performance over the NAK 300s, although the differences may be subtle I'm still interested in comparing for myself as I continue to use both sets.

I have indeed been eyeing that MX 100 in the yard (looks to be in great condition), but given my recent scheduling mishap I've decided to hold off for the time being. there also seem to be a few floating on ebay pretty regularly though not as clean.
Sorry to hear the news  ~ It would be an awesome  show, no doubt. Sometimes family is more important...
I purchased a set of TOA K1's in 1986 Between me and a few other taping buddies, likely at least 1000 shows were recorded with them. Alas one mic needs some major work, some day I'll get them running again. The K4's were a step up from the K1's
However the K1's could run off a single AA battery. K4's Phantom early.
If I ever get the tiem to work on my K1's I may mod them, not sure yet.
I have nothing bad to say about Nak 300's ar any Nak - I really like them. Sometimes my ear  likes the TOA's better, just a different flavor.
--Ian
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

Offline slade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 01:38:35 PM »
I recommend that you drink the hell out of their Hennepin, and finish your night with a 3 Philosophers.
Enjoy and have a blast. I love that town.
I FUCKING LOVE TAPING!!!!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com