Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Archos Gmini 120  (Read 69484 times)

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Archos Gmini 120
« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2004, 09:27:57 PM »
The Iriver was tested for bit-accuracy via optical in by some people on the international site and failed, in almost exactly the same way/ time incriments as the Archos....
When the Archos failed, I said somewhere in this thread that it might be a symptom of small HD players.

I just got done refilling my Iriver 120 with 8 or so full shows and a huge mix file......
shuffle is the equlizer of all music..............
?>FR2LE

Offline Riley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2004, 12:39:41 AM »
Remember those posts we did about how our Gmini's had wacked out screens?  My first one blew up after about a month.  I got a new one a little over a month ago (warranty now void), it's doing the same thing now.  Just updated the firmware to 1.9.0 today, and it's having the same problems.

Damn it, the company seems to be unwilling to respond to our (mostly) reasonable requests for updates, and I'm getting a little impatient with the apparent unreliability of these units.  Sink or float?  If something doesn't happen soon, I just might abandon the whole thing.  Really a downer when the thing seems to have so much potential for greatness.

thoughts?
Riley

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2004, 01:01:12 AM »
Sink or float?  If something doesn't happen soon, I just might abandon the whole thing.  Really a downer when the thing seems to have so much potential for greatness.

yeah, I'm used to it, njb3, core sound pdaudio, archos gmini, maudio transit, add em all to the list of hardware that is just what we need but doesnt make the cut...
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #288 on: April 01, 2004, 06:02:44 AM »
yeah, I'm used to it, njb3, core sound pdaudio, archos gmini, maudio transit, add em all to the list of hardware that is just what we need but doesnt make the cut...

Huh?  Besides the gmini what's wrong with any of that hardware?
Mike

Offline skua

• Taperssection Regular
  • I only see in infrared.
« Reply #289 on: April 10, 2004, 10:23:15 PM »
Heavy Sigh.... I hope my Gmini 120 lasts...
I just used it with a set of SP-CMC-2 mics and batt-box to record Yngwie last Tuesday.  The 120 is so small and so easy to operate... I'll be extremely bummed if it dies (not to mention being pissed that I paid $200 for it.) This makes for a great stealthy rig... and the results sound fantastic.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

-skua-
\m/_skua_\m/

Offline WizDawg

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2004, 11:03:48 PM »
I've been using my Gmini 120 for recording shows a lot lately.  Two things I really like about it is it's size and the recording level indicators.   However the battery indicator seems a little funny to me.  Almost as soon as I start using it the battery indicator drops to 2 bars.  I've used it for over 2 1/2 hrs and the indicator went down to no bars.  Has anyone ran the battery to zero yet?  I was wondering if it starts blinking or if the battery went dead did it save what you were recording.  Also I was wondering if anyone is using a external battery pack to power it.

Thanks.

Offline skua

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2004, 08:59:58 AM »
I've noticed the same thing with the battery indicator bars.  I have run in record mode for about 3 hours and did not run out of juice.  I've been told that if you run out of battery... you WILL lose your recording. So I suppose for those really long recording sessions it would pay to stop recording and save what you have instead of risking it all and running outta juice.

My only gripe so far is that it's hard to adjust recording levels during a show because the backlight won't turn on. Must get a tiny flashlight or something to see what you're doing.

Everything else is great! (knock on wood, eh?)
\m/_skua_\m/

Offline skua

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2004, 05:28:14 PM »
Stealthed Yngwie Malmsteen 2004.04.06 with my Gmini 120 and SP-CMC-2 mics (through battery box into analog line-in.)  Currently available on STG via Bit Torrent. Check it out here
http://tinyurl.com/38r8v
if you're interested.

Recorded King's X from the 3rd row last night... I'll probably STG that one as well once I get it all cleaned up and ready.

-skua-
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 05:40:13 PM by skua »
\m/_skua_\m/

Offline Tenn Man

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #293 on: May 12, 2004, 11:11:32 AM »
Has anyone tried recording with the Archos Gmini 220?

If so, what were the results compared to the 120?

Offline skua

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2004, 08:46:23 PM »
Recorded King's X 2004.05.09 with my Gmini 120 and SP-CMC-2 mics (through battery box into analog line-in.)  Currently available on STG via Bit Torrent. Check it out here:
http://tinyurl.com/37udu
if you're interested.

This time I had the mics mounted croakie style on a pair of eyeglasses.  I think the recording came out pretty sweet.  There's a sample track in MP3 available here:
http://209.173.15.110/samples/KingsX_2004-05-09_A_Little_Bit_Of_Soul.mp3

-skua-
\m/_skua_\m/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com