Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722 with sonicase?  (Read 11326 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 722 with sonicase?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2005, 02:51:39 PM »
Just curious, so don't flame me, but have you guys ever considered getting a smaller, less expensive, stealth rig? I throw this out there, because your equipment, factoring in the 722 value, would be a lot to lose if you got caught my security. If I got caught, I would be out a few hundred dollars. If you got caught, you would be out thousands.

Just my 2 cents.

out what? they can't confiscate your gear, they have no legal right to do so
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2005, 02:58:22 PM »
Just curious, so don't flame me, but have you guys ever considered getting a smaller, less expensive, stealth rig? I throw this out there, because your equipment, factoring in the 722 value, would be a lot to lose if you got caught my security. If I got caught, I would be out a few hundred dollars. If you got caught, you would be out thousands.

Just my 2 cents.

There have been cases of it.  Even if they can't or have legal right, some security companies have.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2005, 02:59:48 PM »

Just my 2 cents.

There have been cases of it. Even if they can't or have legal right, some security companies have.

I know it is easier to say I wouldnt give it up, but I can tell you, that it would take a beating for me to give up my gear

Offline Tim

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2005, 03:01:30 PM »

Just my 2 cents.

There have been cases of it. Even if they can't or have legal right, some security companies have.

I've never seen a documented story of someone having their gear permanetly coniscated by security. If they do take it call the cops and a lawyer and get the gear back or a check for the cost of replacement
the only way they can get the equipment is if you give it to them. tell them to call the cops and don't give them anything
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Rick

• My Recordings
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2005, 03:04:24 PM »
Just curious, so don't flame me, but have you guys ever considered getting a smaller, less expensive, stealth rig?  I throw this out there, because your equipment, factoring in the 722 value, would be a lot to lose if you got caught my security.  If I got caught, I would be out a few hundred dollars.  If you got caught, you would be out thousands.

Just my 2 cents.

Most of us use the 722 for both open and stealth taping... Infact, Does anyone just use the 722 only for stealthing?

Also, security only has the right to take the tape. They have right to make you leave though :)
Retired Taper

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2005, 03:05:28 PM »

Just my 2 cents.

I've never seen a documented story of someone having their gear permanetly coniscated by security. If they do take it call the cops and a lawyer and get the gear back or a check for the cost of replacement
the only way they can get the equipment is if you give it to them. tell them to call the cops and don't give them anything

PM gewang.  He has a recent story.

I too would never give my stuff up without a fight. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 03:07:37 PM by spyder9 »

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2005, 03:09:04 PM »
Just curious, so don't flame me, but have you guys ever considered getting a smaller, less expensive, stealth rig?  I throw this out there, because your equipment, factoring in the 722 value, would be a lot to lose if you got caught my security.  If I got caught, I would be out a few hundred dollars.  If you got caught, you would be out thousands.

Just my 2 cents.

Most of us use the 722 for both open and stealth taping... Infact, Does anyone just use the 722 only for stealthing?

Also, security only has the right to take the tape. They have right to make you leave though :)

If so, then I guess you would have to hand over the CF card or microdrive?  Correct?  Or nothing at all, and ask for the police?

Offline Rick

• My Recordings
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2005, 03:11:10 PM »

Just my 2 cents.

If so, then I guess you would have to hand over the CF card or microdrive?  Correct?  Or nothing at all, and ask for the police?

I've got an old 16MB card just incase that I could give them... Though I'm waiting to winter to stealth... To dam hot in summer here in TX :)
Retired Taper

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2005, 03:12:13 PM »
Nice back up plan.   ;)   :)

Offline mhibbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • it's all about the GA preamps
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2005, 04:55:46 PM »

I've got an old 16MB card just incase that I could give them... Though I'm waiting to winter to stealth... To dam hot in summer here in TX :)

Exactly.  They'd never know that the 722 has an internal hard drive.  Tell them it's a big mp3 recorder and it uses CF cards.
Oade preamp museum curator

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com