Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need umbrela and stand clamp????  (Read 3396 times)

Offline bish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Need umbrela and stand clamp????
« on: July 30, 2008, 06:06:28 PM »
Ineed a setup but a lot of ?????
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:13:30 PM by bish »

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Need umbrela and stand clamp????
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »
Lots of information available if you use the search function with a combination of the following: chairbrella, radio flyer, toysrus, golf bag umbrella, windtech c clamp, and bogen umbrella clamp. Those should get you started.

Do a little research, then ask specific questions.

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 06:22:30 PM »
Ineed a setup but a lot of ?????

$10.00 will answer all of your questions...

http://sportsnutrition.stores.yahoo.net/clumsunsc4um.html
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline bish

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:54:54 PM »
Lots of information available if you use the search function with a combination of the following: chairbrella, radio flyer, toysrus, golf bag umbrella, windtech c clamp, and bogen umbrella clamp. Those should get you started.

Iwas looking for a educated awnser !! didnt want to buy some crap!!!

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 06:58:56 PM »
Bish, don't sweat it.  sometimes those of us that spend way too much time here get tired of seeing the same questions over and over.  The search function does work and will get you lots and lots of info. the link I provided will get you to a place where you can purchase a nice little clamp on umbrella for $10.00.  you cant go wrong in my opinion.
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 07:29:30 PM »
It could have been worse.  Like....

+

=

Problem Solved
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »

Iwas looking for a educated awnser !! didnt want to buy some crap!!!

I wasn't offering to sell anything; answers, crap or anything else.

I offered a way for you to become a little more knowledgeable on what is available, then when you have read many of the numerous posts here that deal with umbrellas and how to mount them you could ask a more detailed question instead of an open ended one that from my viewpoint makes you appear lazy.

Sometimes I forget what it was like to be a new taper and how overwhelmed one can feel. Sorry if I came off like an ass. Is there a specific question you have? Anything from why would I need an umbrella to what are some of my options for purchasing an umbrella to I've looked at umbrella x and am wondering how it would attach to a stand using clamp y. Those are the specific type questions i had in mind. I still suggest using the search function. While it can return hits that are often only tangential to what you are seeking, occasionally it does return very focused results (though that is a rare occurrence for me, guess I need a tutorial on how to use TS's search function to get meaningful results). Good luck with the search function and happy reading.

* chairbrella, available at WalMart for ~$5, check the camping section
* radio flyer, another umbrella tapers use, available at several retailers including Target
* toysrus, have a stroller umbrella some folks use on their mic stands
* golf bag umbrella, another umbrella some tapers use
* windtech c clamp,  a popular clamp, not only for mounting mics but remove the stud and insert umbrella handle/shaft; a quick, easy and relativelly cheap multifunction clamp
* bogen umbrella clamp - another option for mounting an umbrella to your stand, more expensive than most other options
That is very basic info about the search terms I suggested you try; much more info will result from using search with a combination of those various terms.

Has anyone seen my Midol?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:49:41 PM by flipp »

Offline Mike D (VT)

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • spreading the love since 1993
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 12:16:16 PM »
I was really happy w/ my 'Probrella' until I lost it. Def. will get the same one again (soon). The clamp kinda sucked- it was alittle loose and flimsy, but the umbrella itself came out of the clamp and I used a different one. The diameter of the umbrella was perfect- 24" if I recall correctly. Hope this helps. 
AKG C460B (JWMOD) ck61/ ck63 > Big Green Fatties > SD MixPre 6

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 01:13:24 PM »
Send a PM to Ted (tgakidis on the board here) he makes them with fitting on them so that you can screw it onto the top of your stand, or onto a clamp.
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

stevetoney

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 05:08:09 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NIDPRO/ref=nosim/?tag=nextag-apparel-tier1-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B000NIDPRO&linkCode=asn

I use this and duct tape.  Perfect size for mics and the concave shape keeps it from being a wind sail.  The umbrella part is maybe 18 inches diameter so the right size too.  On minus side is that it's not pro design with clamp.  I personally prefer this method though because it's fully customizable for the situation.  Trust me, duct tape ain't pretty but it's the VERY best tool in any bag, but there's alot of people out there that prefer looks over functionality...my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:22:38 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 05:37:49 AM »
You really should try gaffers tape; all the functionality of duct tape plus the added benefits of being easier to remove and it leaves no adhesive residue; on the minus side, it is more expensive than duct tape.

stevetoney

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 06:20:57 AM »
You really should try gaffers tape; all the functionality of duct tape plus the added benefits of being easier to remove and it leaves no adhesive residue; on the minus side, it is more expensive than duct tape.

True.  I'm still using duct tape simply because my roll hasn't run out.  But I hear ya.  The silver duct tape can leave some gunk...although it's not a rule.  After a show, I usually just use the stickum on a piece of duct tape to remove the gunk that got left on my stand and that takes care of it.  Of course, if you don't remove the gunk right away after a show, then it's more of a PITA to get off later.  I do agree though about gaffers tape...although even after I buy some gaffer tape, I'll probably still call it duct tape!!!   ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.171 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com