Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: BEST GEAR BAG???  (Read 20035 times)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: BEST GEAR BAG???
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 04:25:47 PM »
Here is a shameless plug for a bag I have for sale in the YS.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=134132.0
It's a Sound Devices CS-3.  Probably on the small side of what you are looking for, but it has enough room for a 7xx and a mixer.  I don't know how big your mics are, but the bag has room for a small Pelican type case.  They you could hang your cables outside the bag using carabiners or velcro straps which besides being space efficient looks way cool.  And it's all about the look, of course.

Maybe I'm asking too much money, but there is a CS-3 on eBay right now and I'll adjust my price depending on how much that one sells for.

i am afraid that the front pocket is not going to be big enough for my VMS5U pre amp, batteries, clamps, KCY cable, mounts, A20 shock mount, etc etc etc...
thanks however. good luck with the sale. looks like a sweet bag, just not for my gear
a

It looks oddly like the Portabrace AR-7 which I was going to recomend but the apogee killed that idea.

As such, the next one up would be the Portabrace AO-1X which should be fine. Check the dimensions on the apogee though.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 04:43:58 PM »
I use an ARAPAHO Tackle box bag I got at wal-mart for $15

Plus a $4 bathroom rack for zip tying the UA-5 in place. Plenty of room, Plenty of zippered pockets and the deal sealer super water resistant all for $19 out the door ;D
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline crossthreaded

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 08:12:05 PM »
I carry the petrol pegz-2. 

I want to like the Petrol but it just has too many pouches and straps and looks way too 'busy.'  The color scheme is a bit out there too.

Love my LowePro, but wouldn't mind trying a Sonicase at some point if I get a bigger /bulkier rig.

all those pouches on the sides come off, they are for mic receivers.  It isn't really that crazy looking once you take all that stuff off.
akg 460/ck61>cables>busman T mod R4
stuff > rio > es > cl5 > nexo

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 08:23:30 PM »
I like bags the way I like t*ts... Big! Lowepro Nova 5
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline dmonkey

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 08:51:03 PM »

Do you carry two of 'em?
MK4's, KM140's or MC930's >  Tinybox or Aerco MP-2 > R-09, M-10, R-44 (Oade CM) or MixPre-6

Offline Big Perm

• Trade Count: (67)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rage, Rest, work a lot, Repeat
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »

Do you carry two of 'em?

LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mics: Schoeps mk4v| mk41v | mk22 | mk8 & mk5 (m/s)
         Schoeps m222> nt222dc (x2)
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         Schoeps KCY 250/5 IG (x2) Schoeps KC 5g (x2)
         DPA 4015c
Pre’s: Sonosax SX-M2D2
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2
Recorder: Sonosax sx-r4+, SD702, Sony m10

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »
Here is a shameless plug for a bag I have for sale in the YS.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=134132.0
It's a Sound Devices CS-3.  Probably on the small side of what you are looking for, but it has enough room for a 7xx and a mixer.  I don't know how big your mics are, but the bag has room for a small Pelican type case.  They you could hang your cables outside the bag using carabiners or velcro straps which besides being space efficient looks way cool.  And it's all about the look, of course.

Maybe I'm asking too much money, but there is a CS-3 on eBay right now and I'll adjust my price depending on how much that one sells for.

i am afraid that the front pocket is not going to be big enough for my VMS5U pre amp, batteries, clamps, KCY cable, mounts, A20 shock mount, etc etc etc...
thanks however. good luck with the sale. looks like a sweet bag, just not for my gear
a

It looks oddly like the Portabrace AR-7 which I was going to recomend but the apogee killed that idea.

As such, the next one up would be the Portabrace AO-1X which should be fine. Check the dimensions on the apogee though.

I've got a Portabrace AR-4S/TC that I'm considering selling if anyone is looking for a bag that is bigger than the AR-7.
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 12:21:35 AM »
Here's the original thread from where I bought the Kata Koala-3 bag...< http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=128177.msg1695727#msg1695727 >. It has some pretty good pictures of it there. Here are some I took a while back, keep in mind I have the BIG battery attached to the Sound Devices recorder (7600 mah, or is it 7800 mah?).

In those pictures I was carrying: Sound Devices 702 w/the big li-on battery, Grace V3, 15 foot full size cables, several interconnects, Tekkeon 3450 power supply (V3), windscreens, case with mic cap assortment (4 capsules), cigar caddy with full size mics (Microtech Gefell's), vark bar, 2 shure donuts, clamp and other misc crap. Very comfortably fitting everything in it. It's small enough that I double bagged it into a medium size back pack where I could leave the whole thing in the backpack and run it from there. The original sale thread provided links to other pictures from other tapers who have had one. PM me if you want more info...
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline baustin

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 01:36:44 AM »
Been using my Wenger Swiss Army bag for 6+ years now: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=107422

Offline darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 02:42:57 PM »
Petrol Pegz 3
fits everything I own, except a second recorder

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 03:00:09 PM »
So i've made a few changes and am thinking of a picking up new bag.  this is what will need to be in the bag
Sound Devices 722 with the big battery sicking out the back
Schoeps YMSU5
Maybe the Apogee MME
KCY cables, capsules, clamps , 2 dvd  batteries, flashlight etc.

would love recommendations on what all yall are using out there.  Im a fan of small, i like going up front >:D
if you got pics i would love to see those as well
thanks everyone...i hope this is the correct forum for this topic
adam

PEGZ 3, will give you all the room you need. However, you better figure out if you are still going to run that Mini Me or if you are going to sell it. We either way, the bag will accomodate when you decide to 4 channel and need the extra room.  The bag is heavily padded and you can suspend your gear. The only downside is that it does not zip all the way up which is good for releasing heat, but bad if you are in a really dusty environment.

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »
The only downside is that it does not zip all the way up which is good for releasing heat, but bad if you are in a really dusty environment.

For me, that is a major downfall in most of the higher end bags.  IMO, they all should be able to fully enclose the gear...  and not leave any openings for rain/moisture/beer/dust to slip through the cracks.  I know that there are a few, but it seems uncommon among these fancy gear bags.
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline Big Perm

• Trade Count: (67)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rage, Rest, work a lot, Repeat
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 03:12:03 PM »
So i've made a few changes and am thinking of a picking up new bag.  this is what will need to be in the bag
Sound Devices 722 with the big battery sicking out the back
Schoeps YMSU5
Maybe the Apogee MME
KCY cables, capsules, clamps , 2 dvd  batteries, flashlight etc.

would love recommendations on what all yall are using out there.  Im a fan of small, i like going up front >:D
if you got pics i would love to see those as well
thanks everyone...i hope this is the correct forum for this topic
adam

PEGZ 3, will give you all the room you need. However, you better figure out if you are still going to run that Mini Me or if you are going to sell it. We either way, the bag will accomodate when you decide to 4 channel and need the extra room.  The bag is heavily padded and you can suspend your gear. The only downside is that it does not zip all the way up which is good for releasing heat, but bad if you are in a really dusty environment.

I am going to sell the Apogee, there is just no need for it anymore, tired of lugging it around and tired of using a screwdriver to adjust gain.
a
Mics: Schoeps mk4v| mk41v | mk22 | mk8 & mk5 (m/s)
         Schoeps m222> nt222dc (x2)
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         Schoeps KCY 250/5 IG (x2) Schoeps KC 5g (x2)
         DPA 4015c
Pre’s: Sonosax SX-M2D2
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2
Recorder: Sonosax sx-r4+, SD702, Sony m10

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »
Darby, what do you think of about the DR-680?

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »
Chuck,
PM sent

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com