Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CD to WAV???  (Read 16703 times)

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CD to WAV???
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2004, 05:13:10 PM »
:-x

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2004, 05:39:07 PM »
Skalinder - been really enjoying your posts lately, especially over at BT.etree.org .... if only everyone could see hte light like you my friend ;D

You're very kind.  What can I say?  I've been bored and unmotivated at work since I've decided to quit on-the-spot in Aug after my 3-week vacation.  So I needed some entertainment.  Educating people about their idiocy is mildly entertaining, for a while anyway.  ;D
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

taperkat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: for the idiot who posted someone's check
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2004, 12:18:36 AM »
schwill - you know it is illegal to post that on the internet and the FBI has agreements with major search engines and stuff (i.e. google image search) who sends out things called "spiders" to search for new content, and if they find you posting someone's signature you could get fined $25,000+ and possibly get jail time....so who is the idiot? good one

~connor

You know, I'm usually not one to say this.. but Prove it :)

I'd LOVE to see documentation on this one. I know of websites that post names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, blood types, pictures, etc, that are up with no threats.

taperkat

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2004, 02:04:37 AM »
The only hitch to that is that you have to be a member of this board to read it. The posts are locked to outside content.

Therefore, your argument doesn't hold water in this situation.

As I said, proof is the only solid determining factor. You have none, so you lose the argument on that alone, but even then, the fact you *must be a member of the boards to read them* is just the key in the padlock. Don't be naive in thinking I'm not going to bash a hole in your argument with a ten foot pole. (debate for 4 years of high school, 6 semesters in college on scholarship. heh.) It has more leaks than a colander. :)

I wonder if Bob's signed up to read these boards to see how an "official representative" of his is bashing the people he wants help from so much. I've met him twice and it was very evident that he didn't take kindly to assholes.

(irony: #420 post. and I'm only high on cold medicine. damnit.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 02:06:50 AM by taperkat »

Offline crobs808

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2004, 02:11:53 AM »
actually spiders can pick up protected content, so google image search will only see the thumbnail, and not the whole thing since you WOULD have to login, but even if they couldnt pick it up, does that make it legal? the answer is NO....you need to think before you speak, how many times do i have to tell people that  >:(

~connor
"The dolphins, with their teeth of spongy gold, and their stares made out of glassy grins; they don't know the language of mercy" - Bob Schneider

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2004, 02:18:10 AM »
schwill - you know it is illegal to post that on the internet and the FBI has agreements with major search engines and stuff (i.e. google image search) who sends out things called "spiders" to search for new content, and if they find you posting someone's signature you could get fined $25,000+ and possibly get jail time....so who is the idiot? good one

~connor

I actually got it from a google image search, and it's not hosted here.

taperkat

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2004, 02:19:25 AM »
Think before you speak... so is posting live music without permission of the taper legal, especially if you're going to make money off it?

Technically, according to the RIAA, posting ANY live music on the internet is illegal. Just an FYI for you, since you're so hung up on legalities and whatnot. Unless you're planning to pay royalties on every single download.

taperkat

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2004, 06:27:44 PM »
Think before you speak... so is posting live music without permission of the taper legal, especially if you're going to make money off it?

Technically, according to the RIAA, posting ANY live music on the internet is illegal. Just an FYI for you, since you're so hung up on legalities and whatnot. Unless you're planning to pay royalties on every single download.

what are you talking about!!! #1 - the site i am making for "bob schneider" i am working on with bob shneider directly, lol....he gets all the money from our sales, and the site was half his idea,

#2 - there are no tapers shows, they are all from cd's recorded by his sound guy travis, and...

#3 - there isnt anything to download, just streamable thru realplayer so you can decide if you like the music enough to buy the CD, lol...you are so ignorant, this is the kind of stuff that keeps me laughing :)

~connor

You know, you should be metaquoted, along with the entire fiasco of what went down, and we'll see who's laughing then.....

or maybe a mock_the_stupid post instead.

Carry on, this is entertaining.

taperkat

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2004, 06:34:58 PM »
"you all" = hm, talking down to the people who tape "your bob" in the first place.

taperkat

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2004, 06:42:27 PM »
That's funny, I've taped him every time I've seen him, which was back in 2000, 2001, 2002. But then I decided his sets sounded the same every time and I didn't feel like seeing him anymore. I've promoted 24 shows of his, including 2 years of SXSW.

YAY! You're LEAVING!  :-* don't let the door hit your head ass on the way out. :waves:

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2004, 07:17:27 PM »

#2 - there are no tapers shows, they are all from cd's recorded by his sound guy travis, and...

maybe there are no tapers for a reason

taperkat

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2004, 07:20:01 PM »
the duck raises an excellent point.

bonus +t if you can name the comic that's from

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2004, 07:39:19 PM »
"professional" is such an overused word. Most "professionals" i know can't even change their own printer cartridge.

I've been a programmer since 1997 and I've worked in computer repair/resale since 1998 as well.

But since you feel you need to keep one upping everyone, so be it. *wave* bie.

Oooh a rare one, a coder chick... cool...
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2004, 07:46:34 PM »
you want me to call the FBI and ask for a copy of their confidentially signed agreement with thousands of companies? gimme a break.  do you really think that you can own a business as big as goolge, yahoo, microsoft, etc...without being regulated by governmental agencies?  don;t tell me you are that naive. please.

~connor

Used to work for the LARGEST Net provider and guess what?  Even the feds had to get COURT ORDERS for ANY info...  Lets see the regulation of which you speak... Oh yeah, google blocks that cuz the feds told em too...

Damn, where the hell is my tinfoil hat?
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2004, 07:54:48 PM »
wow this is better then TV

but i think i missed some thingwhat did Schwillaby do?

Raphael

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.108 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com