Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealth is the shit  (Read 8687 times)

silverbullet

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Stealth is the shit
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2004, 04:01:34 PM »
Hey, i'd love to get a copy!  Drop me a pm if you're willing to trade. 

OT:  Yeah, nothing is worse than worrying about a fan ratting you out or worse, the band noticing your stealthing.  I caught BOC at BB King's last year and at the end of the show the bassist and singer we're chatting on stage and staring at me...i got the hell outta there in a heart beat. 

I caught BOC at a free outdoor show 5/23/03. It looked real casual. I was thinking that next time I could just bring a stand and a lawn chair. My DAT heads weren't aligned well on my unit that night  :( Anyway, I know people who were even video taping the show while walking around on the lawn. I didn't even think twice that stealthing was the way to go this night, it's just what I normally do.

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2004, 04:48:48 PM »
stands are for wimps - real men run tape fob/dfc  ;D

i have two stealth affairs picked out for this upcoming week, as a matter of fact...
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

taperkat

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2004, 05:05:56 PM »
And women, damnit. :)

I can't wait... getting a newer computer finally so I can play Final Fantasy 11... err... burn CDs with no clips.. yesss.....

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2004, 05:09:38 PM »
stands are for wimps - real men run tape fob/dfc  ;D

i have two stealth affairs picked out for this upcoming week, as a matter of fact...

you'll get your shirt soon!

taperkat

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2004, 05:13:46 PM »
4" lace up high heels
tank top
cute shorts/skirt with hidden pocket and shirt tied around waist to hide it
run the mics up the back, up into the hair, through braids
put sunglasses on head
attach mics to sunglasses aka: looks like one of those weird glasses holders thing
don't move the fucking head.

:)

silverbullet

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2004, 12:05:24 AM »
Tonight. Second row for Breaking Benjamins, Seether, and Evanescence. Of course the three teenie boopers in front of me have to stand up. Everyone yelling "sit down". Tables turned from last night where people were yelling at me to sit down.  :-\ So of course, everyone had to stand up for most of the show. Pat downs, people banging on chairs, yelling in cell phones. I'm getting to old for these younger crowds. :P I'll give it to Seether; They layed it down.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 12:25:41 PM by silverbullet »

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2004, 12:22:43 PM »
And women, damnit. :)

I can't wait... getting a newer computer finally so I can play Final Fantasy 11... err... burn CDs with no clips.. yesss.....

hehe, i have FFXI sitting around somewhere, wanna buy ti from me?  I was turned off by the fact that its online only (and ya gotta pay a monthly fee of $11 or something like that).

SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline Rand0mRoll77

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2004, 03:44:37 PM »
ive had mixed experiences stealthing

i stealthed a hip hop show (eyedea&abilities) at the abbey pub in chicago, wow this place is great for taping
clipped my mics right on to the balcony, sitting 2 ft from the lighting guy and he didnt have a clue....tape sounds great too

here is a pic of the venue, this pic was taken a lil to the left of where i taped, the metal bars on the balcony were vibrating a little from all the bass but it doesnt sound like it affected the tape

ill post an mp3 sample later

but once i tried stealthing o.a.r. & particle at summerfest in milwuakee because summerfest doesnt allow taping and it was fucking chaotic, i was in the 2nd row,but benches are all infront of the stage and ppl were standnig on them and falling off, i got knocked over like 10 times
....the tape sounded better than i expected though

Offline jkoch

• Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2004, 05:03:46 PM »
But it does seem to have an advantage in annoying talker situations.  Move.  Lot easier than moving a 8' stand around.

-Kevin
on the contrary, if you're open taping 1) your mics are high above the chatters so you likely won't pick up their entire conversations as loud as the music 2) you can tell them to shut the fuck up and not have your own voice louder than the music on the recording

also, good luck with that moving and finding another good spot thing in the middle of a packed sold out show...it just doesn't happen that easily and the tape will be screwed up the entire time you're moving..even if it is during talking between songs or something.

something i like to do personally is turn the cap so the mics are pointed at the stacks but i'm still looking at the stage. that way i don't stand like a dumbass staring at the stacks...granted i look like a dumbass (or jason mraz) with a crooked cap, but whatever.
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

silverbullet

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2004, 05:09:27 PM »
Hiding your mics is for wimps!!

Real men fly thier mics at 12', fob/dfc, with prayer flags attached, without asking permission to record!! :P

And just how do I get a stand through a pat down? Down my pants and walk through with a big grin on my face  ;D

Offline ScottT

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2004, 10:36:08 PM »
Bruce is open isn't he?

-Kevin

As it turns out, yes he is!  A guy from Springfield, IL brought down a full rig (481>psp3>adc-20>M1) and was allowed to set up at the back-right corner of the board area.  I still decided to run the CSB's FOB and am pleased with the results.  Thanks again to Heath for the CSB loan!
Mics: Schoeps mk22, mk41, mk8, ADK TLs
Pres: V2, Busman-mod UA5
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-70d, Tascam DR-07

"Push out the jive. Bring in the love." - C.M. Burns

Offline Fisherking

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2004, 06:21:43 PM »
Stealthed Clarence Clemons temple of soul tonight. Got a very good spot only a little bit to the left but not to much. First hour went like a charm. Not much talking at all so I was happy and enjoyed the show.

Then it started raining, not much but with mics in hat you can clearly hear it. The people behind me left and two drunk guys took their spot. Suddenly one of the guys screms OOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUH, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE (wrong concert asshole) straight into my mics. someone said Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. but he just kept on shouting about every 30 seconds. His friend wanted to go to the front but nooo.

It could have been the perfect evening but some drunk ruined it for me and many others who had to listen to him. Even when I listen to the tape I can´t make out much of what he is shouting.
DPA 4061/SPcmc4->SP SB1/AD20->SonyD100/JB3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.102 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com