Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: In-Ear-Monitor Taping  (Read 28094 times)

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: In-Ear-Monitor Taping
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2005, 09:20:57 PM »
now all we need are frasier and woody to chime in. +t to all the trolls. cliff takes the cake though. too funny.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline jcrab66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2005, 09:22:58 PM »

And finally, if you're unable or unwilling to acknowledge that there is a moral component to taking advantage of this situation, you've got some learning to do, it has nothing to do with taping, and there's nothing we can say here to help you.

Apologies, that last bit was unnecessarily harsh and originated more from my lack of sleep than any points you're attempting to argue.

Hmm, I really dont know how to respond to such harsh words. What you need to know is I dont need to learn anything from you or anyone else on this board regarding morals. I am a middle aged adult man. I have had plenty of time to develop a strong set of morals. In case you had difficulty reading what I actually wrote let me just reiterate, I took no postion either way on the matter. What I did take a postion on is people spouting moral opinions about an issue but then they only follow the issue when it suits them. All I did was pose a question there Socrates, surely you understand that. By the way, the only reason I even responded to the comment was because if you really were trying to apologize for that drivel you would of edited it out of the post all together. Peace
mk4's / mk41's > nbox > Microtracker / HDP2

Offline Norm Peterson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Women, can't live with 'em... Pass the beer nuts.
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2005, 09:27:51 PM »
now all we need are frasier and woody to chime in. +t to all the trolls. cliff takes the cake though. too funny.

Cut the small talk and get me another beer.
sometimes employed accountant...

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2005, 12:15:55 AM »
It's nice to see the know all end all of knowledge chime in here.

No one person here is the know-all end-all of knowledge.  That's what makes TS and similar forums great - the distributed wealth of knowledge and experience shared openly among members both old and new.

I'm glad my analogy is fundamentally flawed in your expert opinion.

Indeed, it is flawed, and I suggest that it isn't merely my opinion.

Evidently you are not looking at the overall moral question of exploiting the handicapped  by using that which was designed to be used by them. Thats what I'm looking at.

I, too, am looking at the broader picture, but perhaps from a more practical perspective.  The way in which one uses that which was designed for the handicapped determines, in part, whether the non-handicapped are simply utilizing or exploiting.  Usage in and of itself does not constitute exploitation.  To reference your example, and as I've already noted a bit more briefly, my using the concrete handicapped ramp at my local post office does not in and of itself constitute exploitation in my opinion.

Also, I never said I have bothered getting an ALD receiver

And I never suggested you have or would get an ALD receiver.  I was merely speaking hypothetically to make a point.

however if I did feel like getting one and for some bizarre reason they needed it back I certainly would return it since I prefer an AUD recording anyways....

But supposing you did, how would you know from a practical standpoint the venue needed the ALD returned for someone truly in need?  You wouldn't.  And we're agreed on at least one thing - we both prefer AUD recordings.

Hmm, I really dont know how to respond to such harsh words.

You seem to have fared just fine in response, which we'll move to now...

What you need to know is I dont need to learn anything from you or anyone else on this board regarding morals. I am a middle aged adult man. I have had plenty of time to develop a strong set of morals.

Bully for you!  I don't know you, but I'll gladly give you the benefit of the doubt - that's one of the reasons I struck my last comment.

In case you had difficulty reading what I actually wrote let me just reiterate, I took no postion either way on the matter. What I did take a postion on is people spouting moral opinions about an issue but then they only follow the issue when it suits them. All I did was pose a question there Socrates, surely you understand that.

Another reason I struck my last comment.  I thought it best to simply address your question without making assumptions about your particular views.

By the way, the only reason I even responded to the comment was because if you really were trying to apologize for that drivel you would of edited it out of the post all together.

I fully intended my as sincere.  But rather than whitewash everything by removing it entirely, I chose to strike instead of delete.  I, like most people here, post drivel every so often.  Once it's out there, I'm of the belief that I should not take it away outright, much as I couldn't delete the comment if we engaged in dialogue verbally instead of electronically.

Peace

Save the whales.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com