Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: busted recording at a show part 2--what should I do?  (Read 8369 times)

Offline bconnolly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
Re: busted recording at a show part 2--what should I do?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 12:53:13 PM »
Or print out the taping policy, bring it to the show, and shove it in his face the next time.

Their policy is rather restrictive.  To paraphrase it "You can record with a tin-can on a piece of wax string".

Offline ianstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 01:23:20 PM »
Or print out the taping policy, bring it to the show, and shove it in his face the next time.

Their policy is rather restrictive.  To paraphrase it "You can record with a tin-can on a piece of wax string".

yes but the tin can must be head height, no stands or obstructing people's views
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline tapeworm48

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm running a dojo of coolness...
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 01:36:18 PM »

not sure if that satisfies the "internal mics only" clause in the taping policy...

i would skip out on taping as well for the sake of other tapers.  also, if you get popped again, you might get banned from several PJ shows in the future (depending on who exactly busted you).  not worth the risk.

+t for your troubles
A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... We F**ked Up."

Schoeps MK4s / AT831s / DPA4061s
Nbox / Tinybox v1.5 / SPSB-11 / CSbox
M10 / R09 / D100

07/19 Pearl Jam @ Wrigley Field
08/01 QOTSA @ Metro
08/02 Lollapalooza (NIN / QOTSA / Thievery / Band of Horses)
08/15 QOTSA @ Red Rocks
09/23 Arctic Monkeys @ Riviera Theater
10/18 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/19 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/21 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
10/22 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
11/15 NIN @ Hard Rock
11/16 NIN @ Hard Rock
12/06 Pearl Jam @ Key Arena

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://themovementschool.org
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 09:51:20 PM »
yeah i just figured to be as low profiled as i can, I am making no waves.

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 09:57:38 PM »
Shoot.... I'd just give you gear to your friend to bring and and hit up the next shows.  Heck, you can probably bring it in yourself... Most venues have more than one entrance if you need to bring it in yourself.  It's not like this guy is going to be walking the venues looking for you once you get in.  This sounds more like a challenge  to me.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 11:55:19 PM »
It's not like this guy is going to be walking the venues looking for you once you get in.  This sounds more like a challenge  to me.

After BFT's first post after he got busted at the LA Forum, alot of people here told him 'ah shake it off, it's not like anyone's going to be looking for you at the next show'. Then see what happened.

Again my advice, just sit the rest of the tour out, the shows will get taped and you won't risk leaving an even worse impression of tapers on whoever this security guy is that appears to be traveling with the band.

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »
Again my advice, just sit the rest of the tour out, the shows will get taped and you won't risk leaving an even worse impression of tapers on whoever this security guy is that appears to be traveling with the band.

Just relax & enoy the shows.  If nothing else, skip a few shows, try to always pass near that security guy, & relax if he searches you repeatedly.  After a few times, he'll figure you gave up, & then you can try again if you want.

But, as George has said, it's a pretty sure thing that all the shows will be taped, so it may be best just to relax & not worry about taping.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 03:51:08 AM »
yeah since i am a pearl jam club member and all my tickets go thru will call--I feel my name is up in lights--so I ask everyone this question:

Will I be able to tape pearl jam down the road at some point--maybe not this tour but in the future?

I just feel since they got my name and wrote it down that I might be stuck for quit a while

your thoughts are very much welcomed, i thank you all

Offline kennedy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Lezzy 🔥👁👁🖊🍻😘😷😍😷
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 07:15:07 AM »

Will I be able to tape pearl jam down the road at some point--maybe not this tour but in the future?

of course, id say take it easy the rest of this tour like everyone said but for future tours id get right back after it, fuck whitey  ;)

Online darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
here's a
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 08:25:51 PM »
here's a DPA source of the Forum show if you are interested:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23875

Offline ThePhog

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2006, 12:22:00 AM »
This same situation happened to a couple of guys I know who taped U2 last year. They both got busted in Philly on the fall leg and U2's main security guy(I think his name is Maverick?)remembered one of them for the rest of the tour. If he saw him at other shows, he made a point to stand near him for 4 or 5 songs to see exactly what he was up to. I agree with other people here saying to just forget about taping Pearl Jam for awhile. It is not worth the hassle/headaches/trouble to even mess around with sneaking stuff in and worrying yourself sick for 2 hours.
"Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of the Phog!"

Offline gewwang

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 01:00:10 AM »
This same situation happened to a couple of guys I know who taped U2 last year. They both got busted in Philly on the fall leg and U2's main security guy(I think his name is Maverick?)remembered one of them for the rest of the tour. If he saw him at other shows, he made a point to stand near him for 4 or 5 songs to see exactly what he was up to. I agree with other people here saying to just forget about taping Pearl Jam for awhile. It is not worth the hassle/headaches/trouble to even mess around with sneaking stuff in and worrying yourself sick for 2 hours.

Damn, U2 security must love Philly. I got gear confiscated at 5/22/05 Philly by Steve Matthews, the managing principal of Principle Management. For 10/16/05, I blocked for two other tapers and had these security type guys standing no more than 2 ft. from them staring right at their faces for about 2-3 minutes during the show like the scenario you just described. Both times were inside the ellipse. For 10/17, 3 of us rolled outside the ellipse with the usual no hassles.

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 04:20:52 AM »
hello darby,

yeah the DPA link of the LA forum show is the show i taped, FYI

I got the first night in.

All July PJ shows are at tradersden.org

thanks again everyone, gewwang--thanks so much

I went tonight to san fran first night, I even walk past and in front of the same security guy--this time we just walked in- very little checka t the gate and that was that.  I am keeping a low profile-no attention to myself is drawn.

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 04:27:37 AM »
I don't know... maybe it is just me.  I really doubt they are assigning someone to the gate to look out for you.  If so they probably have black helicopters searching the parking lot also.   :P  I still say have your friend bring the gear in to be safe and then record.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline gewwang

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 10:37:37 AM »

thanks again everyone, gewwang--thanks so much

You're using 4022's and an R1, traveled all over the country following my favorite band around for 3 weeks and then had to deal with the same kind of busting I did last year with U2. The thanks entirely goes to you.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com