Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony pro d10 value ?  (Read 3739 times)

Offline hotdog

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Sony pro d10 value ?
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:24:35 AM »
I know it's not much I have a Sony d10 pro dat  / porta brace Any one know a fair value ? If any lol 500 hrs last I checked with pro digital thanks .....Duncan
Schoeps MK4/ MK41vs//active /Nbox
> 702> 744t

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Sony pro d10 value ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:46:37 PM »
I have a D10ProII I bought for $250 several years back.  Super clean condition and still working well to this day.  Even has the digital in out cable.  Prices seem about the same on eBay except that one for Russia for $1600  :-\ 
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline hotdog

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »
I have a D10ProII I bought for $250 several years back.  Super clean condition and still working well to this day.  Even has the digital in out cable.  Prices seem about the same on eBay except that one for Russia for $1600  :-\
z

Thanks for the input  I'm going to list it 250 or best offer thumbs up
Schoeps MK4/ MK41vs//active /Nbox
> 702> 744t

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:48:07 AM »
This deck requires special cables for digital I/O that have been unavailable from Sony for many years. If you have one or both cables (there's one for AES/EBU and one for S/P-DIF), be sure to list it/them; it will contribute significantly to the value.
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
I have the AES-EBU version.  I didn't know there was a SPDIF version.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 02:29:32 PM »
My D10 AES cable is looking old! I just noticed that the strain reliefs on both XLR connectors are dry-rotted and broken! :-\

https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 11:08:40 AM »
Yes, there were two different digital I/O cables--and the deck was arranged so that it would lock out recording at 44.1 kHz if you used the S/P-DIF cable, while with the AES/EBU cable you could record at any of the three available sampling rates (32 / 44.1 / 48). (This was back when the RIAA was fomenting huge panic about the possibility that audio CDs could be digitally copied and pirated.)

I accidentally damaged one of these cables; Sony still had replacements back then, costing ~$200 each. But they have long since run out.

The analog input circuitry for this deck is generally a nightmare. It requires very high levels to drive the XLR inputs to full modulation when they're set for line level, while if you set them for mike level, they overload very easily regardless of the record level settings--not very suitable for professional condenser microphones, even the ones that were in common use when this deck was introduced. And do I remember correctly that there's no phantom powering built in?
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 12:57:31 PM »
I have the manual for the D10ProII and no mention of phantom power.  And no mention of a SPDIF cable either. 

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 07:41:36 PM »
The D10 lacks phantom power. I bought a Beyer MV100 preamp once I got my KM140s.

My machine was modified by Doug Oade so that the line level setting could be used for mics. You had to run the knob near 1-2 for hot mic signals.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com