Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Denon 2910 going bad?  (Read 2654 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Denon 2910 going bad?
« on: March 13, 2007, 08:11:31 AM »
It plays movies fine, but my DVD-A's are not playing well in the 2910. I burn them using "Audio DVD Creator" and they playback fine in the PC they were burned on and in another DVD player. As far as I know the other DVD player is not 24/96 capable, however it does play the DVD's I created using "DVD Audio Creator" software. In the 2910 they skip/pause or whatever the proper term is for not playing smoothly. They even completely stop after a few minutes and turn to nothing but static. When I got it new about a year ago they all worked fine. It seems some of the first discs I burned will still play fine. The ones I've burned in the last 3-4 months are the bad ones.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 07:39:31 PM by ts »

Offline ts

Re: Denon 2910 going bad?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 11:35:17 AM »
Anyone? Is it the software I'm using? Bad batch of DVD -r's? Bad hard drive? I use all externals so I can't even pin this down to one HD.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 08:33:37 PM by ts »

Offline ts

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:49:30 AM »
slight update: I installed Audio DVD Creator on another PC and re burned one of the problem discs. It plays fine on the 2910. I can only assume there is an issue with the laptop I was burning these discs with at this point or the software on the laptop.

Why all these discs play on other non DVD-A players without skipping still has me baffled. Thanks for all the input ::)

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 09:58:19 AM »
Do you happen to have a sony/Lite-on burner or one that support reading PI/PIF information?  You can then further isolate the media or burner to see which is causing the problem.

The software I used in the past was Kprobe.  I was using media that didn't play nice with my burner and was having spotty results.  I went w/ a new burner and the problems went away.

http://kprobe.cdfreaks.com/

MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 11:33:07 AM »
Why all these discs play on other non DVD-A players without skipping still has me baffled. Thanks for all the input ::)

have you tried scott browns "dvd-audiophile" for compiling dvd-a?

while I can't really answer your question about what's going on, the "Audio DVD Creator" does NOT create DVD-A discs.  it creates DVD-Video discs.  so those will play on pretty much any DVD player.  the program that Moke is suggesting, Scott's "DVD-Audiofile" actually does create DVD-A discs, and not DVD-Video discs.  so if you made the switch to that program (which is great, I use it all the time and I second Moke's recommendation), you just need to be sure that your player can read and play the DVD-Audio format.  (my Denon 2200 plays them with no problems, so I'd assume that your 2910 would be fine as well).  of course, none of this really explains why the previous discs you've burned (dvd-video discs) play fine on other players and not on your 2910.

Offline ts

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 12:24:30 PM »

have you tried scott browns "dvd-audiophile" for compiling dvd-a?

while I can't really answer your question about what's going on, the "Audio DVD Creator" does NOT create DVD-A discs.  it creates DVD-Video discs.  so those will play on pretty much any DVD player.  the program that Moke is suggesting, Scott's "DVD-Audiofile" actually does create DVD-A discs, and not DVD-Video discs.  so if you made the switch to that program (which is great, I use it all the time and I second Moke's recommendation), you just need to be sure that your player can read and play the DVD-Audio format.  (my Denon 2200 plays them with no problems, so I'd assume that your 2910 would be fine as well).  of course, none of this really explains why the previous discs you've burned (dvd-video discs) play fine on other players and not on your 2910.

I'm sure the answer as to why they play on any DVD player is because they are DVD-Video discs. Why the discs I've burned in the last 4 months will not play on the 2910 is what has me stumped. Discs I've burned prior to that play fine. So something went wrong either with the software or as pointed out above, the hardware.

The disc I burned last night with the same software but different PC plays fine. At least I can point my finger at something for now. Burner problems, maybe?

So I should just forget about these DVD video burns and go with a program like Scott's and do DVD-A only?? At least for stuff I'll be putting in the 2910, anyway. Kinda sucks. I've burned so many of them in the past 4 months or so >:( At least the media is not total garbage. They even play in my wife's Honda. :laugh: Just not the 2910!

Edit: I tried DVD Audiofile some time ago. Never got past the iso image part. So I gave up on it. Thats why I went with Audio DVD Creator, much more bonehead proof. Maybe I need to try it again, if someone would be willing to tell me how it works.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 12:42:36 PM by ts »

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 06:33:55 PM »
Have you updated the firmware (flashed the ROM) on the bad DVD burner?
Have you run compressed air over it's laser?
I had one that just needed an update.

Be sure to do a Disk Defragment on the source hard drive to lower buffer needs by decreasing latency

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com