Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: inserting delay on one source in Soundforge for matrix  (Read 4348 times)

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
Re: inserting delay on one source in Soundforge for matrix
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 10:02:35 PM »
You are really taking the long way around by messing with delay, silence, or whatever.
You need to sync the two sources by both eye and by ear.

The only way to do that is by using a multi-track software program that will enable you to see all of the tracks side by side and slide the tracks where needed.
Such as Vegas, Nuendo, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.....

Since they are from the same source (744), they will remain in sync for the duration of the recording, so you only need to do it once per recording, or per set.
If they were from two different recorders, you could possibly need to sync the sources every song or two, or you could possibly stretch one of the sources to match the length of the other. 
Sometimes adding a bit of verb or delay on the SBD source can be ear-pleasing, but use it sparingly and wisely.
Good luck, Phil
I second what Phil is saying and add that Vegas makes it easy to look at all four tracks and right click and shrink or expand(shrink was easier for me by "X" ms and then hit track merge when its sounds right. ;)
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com