Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Dropped R09HR, WAV plays but will not edit  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Brian E.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • is chicago.... is not chicago....
Dropped R09HR, WAV plays but will not edit
« on: December 14, 2011, 12:23:29 PM »
So, at Wilco last night I was plugging in my headphones and dropped my recorder during the first part of the first song.  It turned off.  I quickly booted it and continued recording on a new file.  The first file copied fine, says 200+ MB, and plays in VLC.  It will not open in Audacity, Izotope or Vox (Mac), and converting with xACT to lossless just spits out a 4K file.

Any ideas?  The audio is definitely there, I feel like it just didn't get capped correctly since it didn't stop correctly when recording.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:27:18 PM by Brian Emerick »
my tapes:  The Archive | Dime | Etree

Recorder - Sony PCM A-10 | Cans - Shure SE535 | Mics - CA-14 Cards | Canon EOS 5D Mark II 17-40L f4 50 f1.4 70-200L f2.8 IS II 430EX II

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: Dropped R09HR, WAV plays but will not edit
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Sounds like the WAV header is corrupt.  There is a utility posted around here somewhere that worked for me when something similar happened....  Here it is.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=72936.0

Alternatively, have you tried to repair the file with the "Repair" function while the card is in the R-09HR?
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline Brian E.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • is chicago.... is not chicago....
Re: Dropped R09HR, WAV plays but will not edit
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:34:13 PM »
thanks I'll take a look.  First I'll try repairing on the r09hr when I get home, didn't know there was an option.
my tapes:  The Archive | Dime | Etree

Recorder - Sony PCM A-10 | Cans - Shure SE535 | Mics - CA-14 Cards | Canon EOS 5D Mark II 17-40L f4 50 f1.4 70-200L f2.8 IS II 430EX II

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com