Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adobe gives away Adobe Audition 3  (Read 28971 times)

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Adobe gives away Adobe Audition 3
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:56 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I'll have to "deal with this" when I get home in the coming days as Audition 3.0 is still what I use on my laptop for mastering.  Does everything I need it to do and relatively well (save for dithering/downsampling).

Offline emcdos

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 04:09:55 AM »

Many thanks indeed for the info!!!

runonce

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 07:31:44 AM »
Adobe rep on their forums -

"It appears the download server is now available. Our apologies for the inconvenience the outage of the download page may have caused."

Looks like they've decided to pretend that the whole thing never happened, and leave the cat out of the bag.

I think the download page being down is a separate issue...

They just didnt want to continue to maintain the activation server for a product that came out in 2005.

I think its a smart move - essentially turning a legacy product into some free advertising...I don think its a mistake.

stevetoney

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »
I'm a bit confused by the ealier messages in this thread because the thread title says v3.0 could be downloaded for free, but people are now discussing the CS2 version.  Are either/both V3.0 and CS2 available for download?

EDIT:  Answered question for myself.  V3.0 is the version of Audition that is packaged with the Suite of products, which is called Creative Suite...or CS2.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:55:44 PM by tonedeaf »

runonce

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »
Just to be sure people know, v3.0 is a different release from the CS2 version.  CS2 is a later version than v3.0. 

I'm a bit confused by the ealier messages in this thread because the thread title says v3.0 could be downloaded for free, but people are now discussing the CS2 version.  Are either/both V3.0 and CS2 available for download?

Seems like it - there is a whole bunch of stuff from this era on the download page. Photoshop CS2, Premiere Pro 2.0,  etc...

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »
Thanks for the info!  Looks like at the least I can pick up a version of Photoshop/PS Elements that I might sometimes use.

In terms of Audition, does anyone know if the full CS2 Suite includes Audition, esp the Mac version?  I'm on a Mac, and there is no Mac version of Audition 3.0 for Mac, but there is a Mac version of the full CS2 suite.  As far as I can tell, Audition was part of the CS2 suite, and later dropped out of the CS suite as of the CS3 version, to be continued as a standalone product.  I don't know though when Audition was made available for Mac.

It would be cool if the CS2 suite for Mac included Audition, but I somehow doubt it.

I don't foresee needing Audition much, but I do need to transfer a bunch of DATs.  And back in those days when I recorded and listened to DAT directly, or transferred DAT>CDR via a standalone CD recorder, I pushed my levels since I wasn't doing any post normalization.  Grrr, made sense at the time, but now I have a lot of master DATs with low level clipping (1-3db of clipping, once fixed).  I used to use Cool Edit Pro, and it had a great clip restoration function.  It would be nice to use Audition, if only for that alone.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

stevetoney

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »
Todd:

It doesn't look like this answers your question directly, but maybe by deduction it does.  I'm obviously not sure how accurate this is, but the wiki gives a reasonable summary of the versions of Audition and when it went Mac.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Audition

kirk97132

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »
Audition was not Mac ready until CS5.5 (aud v4) 

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
Thanks guys, that's what I thought.

I have the clipfix.ny plugin that works in Audacity for clip restoration (can't get it to work in Amadeus Pro).  It works and does the job, but I can't highlight and process more than 5-10 minutes of music, or it just locks up.  Even then, it can take several minutes to do clip restoration on 5-10 minutes of music.  So clip restoration for a 3hr show can take an hour+ to accomplish, including a lot of handholding.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »
If you've installed Audtion 3.0 you might care to download the update patch - I used to know what it did, but whatever it was, it was worth having!

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4237

Other updates for CS2 can be found at

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates

Sorry if already posted...

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »
from the "details" link:

Changes in Adobe Audition 3.0.1:
• Spectral tools no longer crash machines with more than four CPU cores.
• The Graphic Phase Shifter effect has been reenabled.
• Performance while recording MIDI data has been improved.
• The Sequencer will now record MIDI data even if the panel is closed.
• Adobe Audition will now launch on Windows Vista® systems where the My Documents folder was moved from the default location.
• The application will now ignore Windows "Locale" settings to format decimal data in comma-delimited XML settings files.
• A Healing Brush crash issue has been addressed.
• Crossfades are no longer incorrectly added to grouped clips when overlapped with non-grouped clips.
• Invalid crossfades will no longer be added to the end of a previously trimmed clip after enabling or disabling looping.
• Invalid crossfades for clips after enabling non-session tempo-based looping have been addressed.
• Dragging crossfaded clips onto the master track no longer creates two additional tracks and an error in the crossfades.
• Inserting MIDI from the Files panel would cause the application to hang in Edit mode for an audio file whose sample rate didn't match the session.
• Several scenarios where crossfade changes could corrupt a session were addressed.
• Closing a session without exiting the rewire app no longer causes Adobe Audition to save a blank session.
• Undo no longer becomes disabled after undoing the creation of unique copies of two crossfaded clips.
• Crossfaded clips no longer disappear after undoing move clips.
• Canceling VST scan no longer causes Adobe Audition to become unstable.
• If a selection existed, a full session mixdown would only process MIDI data through the end of the selection.
• The Open MIDI dialog box was not completely modal and could cause a crash.
• MIDI Host had problems with some Spectrasonics VSTi instruments, where it wouldn't show the entire UI.
• CD burning would sometimes create a corrupted disk but still report a successful burn.
Applying the Clip/Pop Eliminator no longer crashes the application.
• Crash recovery is now more reliable when using Auto-Save For Recovery.
• When the application detects the possible saving failure that causes a corrupted session, a warning dialog box now appears so users can retry the save.
• Transport controls are no longer disabled if a new session is opened without closing the existing session.
• Crossfades will now retain their original shape when clips are moved and the session is reopened.

< note bold added for emphasis >

Offline chinariderstl

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • https://chris-finn.com/
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »
This is great, grabbed and installed a copy.  Appreciate the heads up.  :)
Mics: Audio-Technica AT853's, Avantone CK-40 (Busman mod), Busman BSC1's, DPA 4022's, DPA 4060's
Pres: Apogee Mini-MP, Core Sound Battery Box
Decks: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2D, Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
Power: Initial RB-270, Naztech PB15000
LMA: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Chris+Finn%22

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »
AA3 is the best.  Can't beat free.  Amazing Adobe would give it away instead of just shutting it down.  A first from a software giant.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 12:39:55 PM »
it was a mistake...

stevetoney

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 12:52:21 PM »
it was a mistake...

??  What do you mean?  All of the links to the download are still active.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com