Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: problems w/ files i've transfered from one hd to another...  (Read 1387 times)

Offline save

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
i got a 160 gig hard drive a while ago and have been transfering all of my shn's from my 60 gig hd to free up space.  i've noticed that some of my shn's don't pass md5's anymore?  the thing that really sucks is a lot of the ones w/ error are some of my master recordings and i don't have a dat to transfer them anymore  >:(

any idea why i'd be losing data when transfering from one hd to another?
save

Offline JNT

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: problems w/ files i've transfered from one hd to another...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 11:27:51 PM »
That sucks Man :(   I'm always parinoid about this happening.  Not to make you feel worse but in the future it's a good idea to copy files to the new drive, test the MD5, and then recopy the files if necessary, and backup, backup, backup. You never know when the drive could fail.

Are you sure you are not missing one of the SHN files?  The MD5 will fail if 1 or more of the files is missing?

I don't know exactly what causes this but it can happen.

Joe
Mostly retired from taping.

JW Mod AKG 460+CK61/CK1/CK2/CK63>V3>
or
AKG CK1x/CK2x/>MK46>JW MOD C460>V3>

AKG C34>

>R44

"Drinking will help us plan!"  Moe Szyslak

Offline save

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
Re: problems w/ files i've transfered from one hd to another...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 12:52:05 AM »
ya i'm starting to check all the md5's before i delete them off of my old hd.  all of the files are there, just missing pieces from a few to multiple shn's?  i'm not sure what is happening for sure?  hopefully i won't have any more probs in the future, just wish i knew why it was happening...
save

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com