Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help/advice editing a show  (Read 1309 times)

Offline ol' dirty taper

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
Need help/advice editing a show
« on: July 10, 2005, 05:23:29 PM »
well i use a sony MZ-NH900 minidisc with a song mic setup and used it to record Damien Jurado on May 14th, 2005. this was the only show where i think i have used defective HD-MD media. halfway through the show there are loud clicks and empty spaces in the sound. the entire recording is there but just every few seconds there is a loud click and a few seconds of no sound. this is the only taping i have done that i have had this problem with.

??? does anyone know of a good Mac application to maybe help me edit this show and get those clicks and spaces out with? right now i am using Amadeus II just to record to my computer with, but i have had no luck finding a program other than Bias SoundSoap 2 which might work.

so if anyone has any advice or is willing to graciously lend a hand with this (i have lots of master recordings to share ;D), please let me know.

Thanks
aaron 
Mic : Schoeps MK21 | Microtech Gefell M300 | Beyer MC950 MC930 MC910 CK930 | Line Audio OM1 | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-X Omni | Beyer TG L34C | AT831s
Pre : Aerco MP-2 | Naiant Littlebox
Deck : SD MixPre 10 II | SD MixPre 6 II | Sony PCM-A10 | Zoom F3
Pho/Vid : Sony a58 | Panasonic ZS100 | DJI Osmo Pocket

Offline itook2much

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
Re: Need help/advice editing a show
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 06:10:52 PM »
Could your cable have come loose?  Clicking & silence could be your line-in cable popping in & out due to a losse connection.  Just a guess, I've never found a bad minidisc, Hi- or regular.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.391 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com