Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio DVD Creator Interesting Observation  (Read 9732 times)

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Audio DVD Creator Interesting Observation
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2005, 03:48:10 PM »
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_15020669_2046370,00.html

prices vary. youre overseas so i didnt really search. this thing plays everything i throw at it. gapless!
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2005, 03:50:34 PM »
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_15020669_2046370,00.html

prices vary. youre overseas so i didnt really search. this thing plays everything i throw at it. gapless!

if your going to get a unit at this price point I would suggest a pioneer elite DV-45A...smoking unit...just got one...you will see them pop up anywhere from $219-$300...plays everything I have thrown at it and has a fantastic picture.

as for your problems with DVD-Audio Creator, I would shut down, restart, use different 24 bit files...there must be something that is causing it outside of the ordinary as so many of us use it without a problem

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2005, 03:52:42 PM »

'

thanks yall.

ill order one of those two  tonite.ive heard others mention them, so they gotta be solid. ive read somewhere that pioneer makes the best laser products or has the best laser or something....
ill try thy dvd audio creator again. thank again yall.

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2005, 03:53:47 PM »
i paid 175 for mine at bb when they first came out. best money ive spent on my mid-fi playback. i use it as my universal.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2005, 03:58:01 PM »
i paid 175 for mine at bb when they first came out. best money ive spent on my mid-fi playback. i use it as my universal.

good price..on the elite, there was an outfit selling them new on audiogon a couple of weeks ago when I got mine...$219...hi fi heaven I believe it was...authorized pioneer dealer...

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2005, 03:58:31 PM »
I recall other people having problems writing from within the audio-dvd-creator context.  I don't do that.  I use it to author the DVD filesystem structure onto a networked volume and use xcdroast on that machine to burn.  You can do the essentially same thing.  I recommend writing the authored DVD title set to a folder on your local harddrive, then use DVD-decryptor to write the DVD.  Other people use something like Nero, but any program that will write the contents of a folder to DVD will work.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Ray76

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2005, 04:06:37 PM »
I recall other people having problems writing from within the audio-dvd-creator context.  I don't do that.  I use it to author the DVD filesystem structure onto a networked volume and use xcdroast on that machine to burn.  You can do the essentially same thing.  I recommend writing the authored DVD title set to a folder on your local harddrive, then use DVD-decryptor to write the DVD.  Other people use something like Nero, but any program that will write the contents of a folder to DVD will work.

oh..didnt know i could do that!
thanks man.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2005, 04:08:48 PM »
I have used Audio DVD to author and write in teh same process and have had no problems...ymmv

Ray76

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2005, 04:12:25 PM »
it maybe has something to do with my pIII pc.

its alright my 64 bit one is almost finished...but this one is 2 yrs old.

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2005, 09:22:18 PM »
A little late (and I hate wavelab too) but there is an easy way to get the montage going if you've already tracked in CDWave.  Here's my cheat sheet

1.  create a cue sheet that refers to the 24 bit file (use CDWave)
2.  file, open, import cue sheet as audio montage
3.  set mode to dvd-audio, add track titles if you want them in the menu (under the DVD-A tab) and save the montage
4.  file, new dvd audio project
5.  click on the green + sign to add the montages
6.  functions, settings and set the title – keep it short so it’ll fit onscreen
7.  set all the menu stuff up (view safe area)
8.  Save the project
9.  function, create and set to ignore so no plugins will be applied to the data

The reason I'm still doing this is because I record in 24/44.1 and have a DVD-A capable player so I can get my 24 bit without any SRC.  I suppose someday soon I'll cut over to 48k (or 96).
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com