Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best DVD-audio software?  (Read 18057 times)

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
best DVD-audio software?
« on: March 20, 2006, 11:42:52 AM »
IMO, this one is the best i have used. obviously many other people have used other software without a problem.  In wavelab, i never could get the damn thing to write DVDs gapless - this program is pretty easy to do so... so i like it.

http://www.cirlinca.com/welcome.htm

i'm curious what other people like and why they like it.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: best DVD-audio software?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »
are you sure that your playback unit isn't causing gaps?  My Tosh4960 does.

These directions tell how to burn them gapless.... sorry if you already tried them and it didn't work.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 11:58:27 AM »
this page sums up all the options that I am aware of:

http://24bit.turtleside.com/

I used to use discwelder, with great results - very easy to use.
now I use DVD-Audiofile.  also very easy to use.  allows you to create multiple groups (which you cannot do on discwelder bronze).  and this one is freeware :)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 12:00:31 PM »
Andrew, you might want to look at that audio cd creator too... that will make DVD-V discs that will play in almost any dvd player.   I like DVD-As, but it sucks when you are so limited with players that you can purchase to play the discs.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 12:55:29 PM »
dvd-audiofile - it's free :)

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 02:25:58 PM »
thanks for the recommendations.

+Ts all around.  going to demo some of those and see what i like.

thanks.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline jimmyrow

• Uploader Slowpokerus
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 190 Years of Athletic Mediocrity
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 05:52:57 PM »

word.......I've been using this and it works flawlessly!
I just can't find the time to write my mind the way I want it to read.

Offline dueling

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • TeamFocker
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 07:58:42 PM »
I also own the Toshiba SD-4960 and have been using Audio DVD Creator so that I can play back seamless tracks.  My player still plays the gap between tracks when I author with other programs (ex. Wavelab).  After reading this thread I gave the trial version of DVD-Audio Solo a try and was able to burn a DVD-A that does not have gaps during playback, even in my Tosh4960.  Thanks for the heads up on this progam.
Schoeps MK4v's, MK41v's, MK8 (1), MK21 (1)
DPA 4015's, 4022's

E.A.A. PSP-2

Sound Devices MixPre 10 II

Nbob Actives > Naiant PFAs
MMP-ER Modular Active Rear Cable

RebelRebel

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 08:03:31 PM »
and it dont get better than free. Anyones budget. Andrew, you tried the dvd-audiofile?

word.......I've been using this and it works flawlessly!

Offline dueling

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • TeamFocker
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »
I just gave DVD-Audiophile a try, and love the ease of use and ability to burn directly from flac (+T Scott) ... however, I still have gaps between my tracks during playback in my Toshiba SD4960.  So it looks like the only program that will play in the Tosh4960 without gaps between tracks is DVD-Audio Solo, or at least that's the only one I have found so far.
Schoeps MK4v's, MK41v's, MK8 (1), MK21 (1)
DPA 4015's, 4022's

E.A.A. PSP-2

Sound Devices MixPre 10 II

Nbob Actives > Naiant PFAs
MMP-ER Modular Active Rear Cable

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 02:30:35 PM »
I think there's reason to believe that the gap errors for 4960 vary between units.  I actually get gaps from regular redbook cds too, burned DAO.   I'm glad to hear that you've got them burning gapless somehow though.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 03:48:44 PM »
I'm still not convinced that it's the fault of the player that there are gaps.  I have not yet burned a gapless DVD-A with DVD-Audiofile, at least not when played back on a Samsung HD-841, which I'm told is the same thing (electrically) as a Toshiba 4960.  In the post above, dueling is saying that he's burned gapless with DVD-Audio Solo, but he can't do the same with DVD-Audiofile.

Would anyone be willing to B&P a DVD-A, created with DVD-Audiofile that they claim is gapless so that I can test it on my Samsung HD-841?  I want to believe that it's possible to burn gapless with DVD-Audiofile, but so far I have been unsuccessful in doing so.  There's got to be a reason that so many people are having problems with getting gapless playback with DVD-A's that were created with DVD-Audiofile.

By the way DVD-Audio Solo is available here:

http://www.cirlinca.com/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 05:32:12 PM by SparkE! »
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 04:02:46 PM »
There's got to be a reason that so many people are having problems with getting gapless playback with DVD-A's that were created with DVD-Audiophile.

i was under the impression that it wasn't "so many people" but a small amount.  and don't they also have the same problem with DVD-As made with wavelab and discwelder?  and the same discs that have gaps on their players don't have gaps on other players

it could be that some players look for a specific flag somewhere in the spec for gaps (and this flag isn't well documented or goes against spec). i don't know...

i just know i get no gaps with discs made with wavelab, discwelder or dvd-audiofile

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 04:13:55 PM »
i just know i get no gaps with discs made with wavelab, discwelder or dvd-audiofile

Then how about you make me a believer and do a B&P for something that you've created with DVD-Audiofile that you claim is gapless?  And I'd be happy to send you a DVD-A that was created with DVD-Audiofile that I claim has gaps.

There's got to be an answer to this.  I keep trying to get people to help troubleshoot this issue and so far no one whose system is working seems to be interested in finding out what the issue really is.  As the author of DVD-Audiofile, it seems that you'd have a high degree of interest in any bugs that people report, no matter how small a number of people that is.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 05:33:39 PM by SparkE! »
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

RebelRebel

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »
Spark, I could send you my Player maybe...gotta ask.

Teddy

Then how about you make me a believer and do a B&P for something that you've created with DVD-Audiophile that you claim is gapless?  And I'd be happy to send you a DVD-A that was created with DVD-Audiophile that I claim has gaps.

There's got to be an answer to this.  I keep trying to get people to help troubleshoot this issue and so far no one whose system is working seems to be interested in finding out what the issue really is.  As the author of DVD-Audiophile, it seems that you'd have a high degree of interest in any bugs that people report, no matter how small a number of people that is.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com