Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: help with sound forge 8.0  (Read 1294 times)

Offline rreidiii

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
help with sound forge 8.0
« on: December 08, 2006, 06:08:38 PM »
I see where I can detect clipping which is, I think really cool. But how do I get rid of the @#$%ing stuff. I usually record acoustic house concerts and between the applause and the occasional loud vocals its hard to properly dial in my V3 with out the periodic clipping. Anyone?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: help with sound forge 8.0
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 06:12:23 PM »
I'm not familiar with SF8, so I can't help with fixing your clips.  Some clips are repairable, some are not.  Maybe someone with SF8 can help directly.

As for preventing them in the first place, just turn your levels down.  It may take a handful of recordings to get a better feel for where you need to set levels depending on the environment, but you'll eventually figure out a reasonable gain setting for different scenarios.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline rreidiii

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: help with sound forge 8.0
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 06:37:51 PM »
Yes I know, Every venue is different. I (even at intimate house concerts) seem to attract the guy in the front row who claps his @#$%ing hardest and to me t seems to be right into the mics. Since I usually record for myself ,the band and the host I think I'll ask them to quiet my neighbors. By the way you wouldn't have an extra pair of MK41's laying around that you'll sell cheap. Thanks for all your help Bri.  your a stand up guy and informative too boot.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com