Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Connecting a DAT deck to Macbook to import recordings to harddrive??  (Read 1411 times)

Offline lyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
SSIA

I want to convert my DATs to flac or apple lossless compression. How do I connect via the optical input and record to my computer? Thanks.

Please respond also to: drlylelove@aol.com

Thanks again.

Offline jpepx78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Connecting a DAT deck to Macbook to import recordings to harddrive??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:55:59 PM »
it depends on the connections of your dat deck and the audio editing software. if your deck has an optical output, all you need is an optical cable with an optical mini-jack at one end (or an optical cable with a optical mini-jack adapter) to plug into the mac. if your deck has a coaxial output you need to get a coax to optical signal converter (i.e. m-audio co2) to insert between your deck and mac. record your dats with audio software (audacity, peak, etc.) and you can convert to flacs or apple lossless. i found that i got some interference when i used the optical converter. the best way would be to use a deck with optical outs. good luck.

jt

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Connecting a DAT deck to Macbook to import recordings to harddrive??
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 05:06:36 PM »
I did the same and used Audio Recorder.  Free, simple and lightweight.  I certainly like Peak, et al for post editing, but Audio Recorder simply looks to the Audio MIDI setup app for bit rate and sample rate and records that.

HTH,
keytohwy

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com